Complete newbie

Hi, my name is Paul, I live on the south coast of England in a town called Poole, which I’m told is the second largest natural harbour in the world, I’m just turned 50, and I’m my wife’s carer, so I’m at home most of the time and I am getting very fed up watching daytime British tv, so I needed a hobby, for Christmas my wife brought me off eBay a constructo HMS Bounty 1.50 scale, I’ve never tried anything like this, the only models I’ve made before were plastic aeroplane kits when I was a lad, so this site will be invaluable, and I need help already, the kit is missing the instruction booklet and page 1 of the plans....not a good start! I’ll be asking for for any help in the help section, I’ve asked the eBay seller, and I’ve contacted constructo twice, all of which has been a waste of time, the seller couldn’t help me, and constructo has failed to answer me both times, which I think is really bad, it seems to me that they are not interested, and if I’d had known this before hand, I would have never brought anything from this company.
I’m looking forward to reading peoples hints and tips on this site.
Cheers.
Paul

Hi, Paul. Im sad for your unlucky beginning. Have you checked the site from constructo and the contact form ?

Hi, Paul. Im sad for your unlucky beginning. Have you checked the site from constructo and the contact form ?
Hi Oliver, thanks for your reply, yes I’ve tried contacting constructo twice, once in English, once in spanish using google translate, hopefully the translation was complete gibberish, but no reply from either messages

This is sad for a customer. I have the same problem with Artesania. With a 700 Euro Kit ! You have to check this forum and others for anybody who can help you with a copy, or a scan. Maybe anybody buildt the model and can send you the documents.
Congrats, this is the first step to become a scratcher :).

Hi Oliver, fingers crossed someone on here will be able to help me, otherwise, I haven’t got a clue of where to start. Sorry to read your having the same problem with Artesania, customer service seems to be getting really bad these days.
Paul.

Hallo and welcome here on board of our forum.

We have a very friendly member Mike alias @Sgtmik who made a building log of the Constructo Bounty, see this link

Maybe he can help you .....

Hi Paul
Welcome to SOS from all of the members and admin.
You are in a very nice place of England.
I am sure Mike will help you out with your build.
Just remember the only silly question to ask is the one you have not asked, so feel free and ask away.

John.

Paul, welcome from Norway, you are fortunate that you live in England, you have a much larger selection of modeling stores than what I have.

Like Dave said, these people are your instruction booklet. Even better since they can answer direct questions. Better than any inanimate scrap of paper, if you ask me.

But welcome, sir, to the best model ship forum in the wild web. I'm new myself and I highly suggest you start by digging through build logs. Watching these hobbyists build anything will answer a lot of questions and even provide answers for things you didn't even think to ask about. There is a wealth of information in those and it's pretty amazing watching a model come together in the process.

Thank you for joining us!

Back