Completion of Oliver Cromwell [COMPLETED BUILD]

Trbajas muy bien ,sobre todo las tallas eres un artista ,a por cierto no sé si lo entenderás está escrito en español

Google Translate:

You work very well, especially the carvings you are an artist, by the way I don't know if you will understand it is written in Spanish

Janos, how difficult are the decorations on the San Felipe? On a scale of 1-5 ? Would a first time carving experience be out of line for the ones for the gunports and ships bulwark areas?

Janos,
sometimes it is more friendly to just translate the information ourselves.

SOS has worked very long and hard to be a welcoming place for people from all over the world. Sometimes, It might be an inconvenience for others to translate everything.
I have personal emails and conversations in my inbox OFTEN from Russia, Italian, Greece, Israel, just to name a very few, and on one occasion if I remember even Chinese. In order for me to communicate with others, the founder, I have always placed the opportunity on myself to reach out to others in "their" native language. It is just a way of courtesy. Often times, the other party sees that I am willing to converse in their language and then they find tools to reach out in English. It goes both ways.
Now, we also have many on the forum that does translate before they post information, but not everyone. The way I see it, always take the opportunity yourself. The opportunity is not that often to be that much of a burden.

Changing the topic: On a better note, I love your workmanship, you have good photography skills. If I have one criticism and that is to make adjustments to your camera settings to remove the "date" on the images that your camera produces. In order to place your images in the Gallery, one of the things I look for are time and date stamps on images and they must be cropped out. And also, by creating the gallery. Afterall is my work of art and I want the best represented as well.

Donnie,
I understand your point and do not want to dispute it. Of course SoS is a friendly forum and I am happy to contribute to it. Just would like to clarify my position as a last word on this issue. English is my third language. Hungarian is my mother tongue and German is -was- my second language, learned, not inherited. So I think I am making an effort sometimes expressing myself in English on an English forum for others' sake. It might be my problem, but I also think that others can take this effort too. I know, I know, no-one forced me to be on this forum.
Just wanted to express my opinion, that's all.
Janos

You are correct Janos in that every one should try to accommodate each other. I did not know you are capable of several languages. I think you more than qualify as being ok. No worries here. Carry on. No harm done.
Your opinion is well respected and well received.

Last edited:
Back