construction step by step of the Black Pearl from ZHL from France

Hi everyone. I’m starting construction on ZHL’s Black Pearl. Not a lot of difficulties because the notice is very incomplete because I only speak French. The construction instructions do not respect the normal phases for the assembly of a kit. Moreover, the wood varieties used are not all of very good quality. Lots of breakage, lots of adjustments to redo. It is very complicated.View attachment 248539View attachment 248540
Adjustments are not accurate but almost normal
View attachment 248541View attachment 248542View attachment 248543
For the first bilge bottom bridge I decided to redo the wooden slats even if they will be painted black, the effect is more realistic
View attachment 248544View attachment 248545View attachment 248546
At this level of construction the problems start because it is difficult to adjust the cored couples which are too wide and in a wood of poor quality. There’s gonna be a lot of damage
View attachment 248547View attachment 248548
The arrangement of the bilge bottom is easy and fun.
View attachment 248549View attachment 248550
New activity for me: Lighting a model. The LEDs in the kit are practically unusable for a beginner. I was forced to buy other models of LED already cabled
View attachment 248551
Construction of photo-cut lanterns adjusted to the new LEDs without too much difficulty. Soldering with tin to maintain solidity
View attachment 248552View attachment 248553
The passage of the cables is not explained on the instructions and nothing is provided on the parts. So we have to improvise and find the best solution, which is complicated
View attachment 248554
LED cables are too short. I lengthened them with wire and soldered to tin covered with a heat shrink sleeve for safety
View attachment 248555View attachment 248556View attachment 248558
Installation of the second bridge very complicated to adjust because the torques have moved and must be modified
View attachment 248559
Satin black acrylic paint with an airbrush
View attachment 248560
The cable connections are made with very strong and discreet mini Wago connectors
View attachment 248561
Second deck lighting with yellow LEDs and white LEDs
View attachment 248562

To follow if you please. I will carry out the laying of the planks and build the rear castle. Please do not hesitate to make your remarks, which I will be pleased to do, and to ask your questions, which I will answer quickly. A thousand excuses for my English automatically translated by my PC software

Nice to met you Sylvain , I have read your post and watched the pictures, I have the same model and with the same problems that you have passed, even more are coming, you have to build the walls of the second floor and match them with the cannon ports...
For the problems of the wires of the leds, you could pass them following the ribs and in the space of the floor and the ribs go to the bottom and connect them in paralel ... In the SOS there is at least three projects of the Black Pearl. Sorry I dont speak French, but my oldest Daughter if Its of any help, I can ask her to translate part of the instructions for you (very deficient instructions also)
Hugo

Nice to met you Sylvain , I have read your post and watched the pictures, I have the same model and with the same problems that you have passed, even more are coming, you have to build the walls of the second floor and match them with the cannon ports...
For the problems of the wires of the leds, you could pass them following the ribs and in the space of the floor and the ribs go to the bottom and connect them in paralel ... In the SOS there is at least three projects of the Black Pearl. Sorry I dont speak French, but my oldest Daughter if Its of any help, I can ask her to translate part of the instructions for you (very deficient instructions also)
Hugo
Thank you very much for this useful informations

Back