Constructo Enterprise 1799

Hi,
Can anyone please help me out with where abouts do i do the cut? in the instructions its saying to add one bulwark planking and mark and cut holes for the scuppers?

G'day Red, with builds like this there is usually a row of supports sticking out from the deck in an horizontal position, that the bulwark planks glue on, is there anything like that shown on the plans, or better still if you could take a pic of the plans of this area, i might be able to help you out,

best regards john.

OK I have just checked on line and apparently they dont use uprights on this model, they ask you to make sure that the first plank that is attached to the hull should be glued slightly below the deck line, then when you come to do the bulwarks, the first plank of the bulwarks sits on and is glued to that plank that is just below the deck, so when you have glued it in place and it is dry, then you mark where the scuppers go from your plan and cut them out, then when you add the next strip for the bulwark it goes inside the first bulwark strip and you have to cut the scuppers to match the ones you have already cut in that first strip, I hope this makes sense to you.

One of the members has already started a build log for the Constructo Enterprise, see link below,

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/constructo-1799-enterprise-help.1702/

hope this helps you, also if you Google Constructo Enterprise build logs there are a couple that come up and explain with pics what we are talking about,

best regards John,

Thanks all.
all I have is what I have attached. It doesn’t give me the size from how far I do them :( or am I just lost lol
The bulwarks run from the bow to the end of the poop deck about 600mm.The second column in your book give you the approximate length. The inner bulwarks are about 460mm. If I remember right it takes four planks on top of each other to complete the outer bulwarks build up.

B2CF7FD9-5FF3-4D31-BD0C-03054F557726.jpeg
A quick view of mine.

Neptune is correct on how the you need to cut out the scuppers, one bulwark plank winds up to be the bottom, the next plank winds up to the upper portion of the scuppers.

The instruction booklet is vague on many steps and you can’t scale horizontal distances from the plans since they are 2D and you’re working in 3D. I used a piece of copper wire (12 gauge), bent to the outside shape of the deck to approximate the curve and length of the planks for the bulwarks.

Jan

Last edited:
Hi
I can see now that I am missing the attached , does anyone know where I can get this from? This was screenshot from Pathfinder65 log .

8C1CB2D9-53F3-4224-AC61-6DCC4F1F1B70.png

Hi,
Can anyone please help me out with where abouts do i do the cut? in the instructions its saying to add one bulwark planking and mark and cut holes for the scuppers?
Hallo @Redline11
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back