Cornwall Model Boats

Hi folks,

I've bought various plans and parts from the Cornwall model boats website over the years, but my recent emails over the last 6 months have not been answered. Since I'm in New Zealand and I can't just pop over to check it out, I'm wondering if that business has closed down. Does anyone know?

Regards, Tom Phillips

Often the companies are reacting faster, when they get questions etc. via the "contact us"-page

Screenshot 2024-07-03 095850.png

Had the same problems with them. Sometimes they will respond on email other times facebook other times not at all. Communication not their strong point.

Had nothing but problems with Cornwall Model Boats - incorrect and incomplete orders sent, faced many, many months of delays receiving ordered goods only to find missing items and poor communication.

Sorry to hear of some members experiencing problems. I’ve dealt with C.M.B. over several years and have always found them to be helpful, accurate and speedy with orders/deliveries and in responding to any queries I’ve raised. Can’t really offer any explanation for these issues.

Dealt with Cornwall Model Boats over the years and have been well
pleased with their services. Sorry to hear the complaint , keep dealing
with them and I am sure things will work out to your satisfaction .

Yes they are still in business I sent a few emails to them 3 months ago but only got a “ I will pass your message on” back and I live in uk.

I did go ahead and bought my next boat off them with very quick service.

Sorry to hear of some members experiencing problems. I’ve dealt with C.M.B. over several years and have always found them to be helpful, accurate and speedy with orders/deliveries and in responding to any queries I’ve raised. Can’t really offer any explanation for these issues.
Agreed … have always found to be reliable and prompt to respond.

I purchased my Amati Fifie from Cornwell. The model was shipped via UPS Air and arrived at my Upstate NY USA doorstep in 5 days. I have a couple other items that I want as well and expect to order from there as well. As to emails - of the two I have sent, both were answered quickly

The CMB website has a chat facility that I have found reasonably responsive - though UK working hours might not fit very well with antipodean clocks.

I have purchased many times from CMB, including my Vanguard kit, which was 15 kg and shipped further than the Endeavor sailed. The kit arrived safely in around 7 days. Have since purchased many smaller orders of spare wood and other bits. Every single time the order arrived complete and in a timely manner, and their postage costs are very reasonable.
I would say CMB is my number one supplier without doubt.
Not to suggest your experience is good but perhaps an exception. I’m sure a phone call or email contact will be responded to with a good outcome. Keep trying to contact.

Back