Corona Virus???

Winston

Well on the upside, looks like I have a couple of weeks off. They closed down all non-essential businesses here as of 11:59 last night. While we are an essential business we thought it best to cut down on the staff in the office during the next two weeks. So that left us with two Service personnel and the company owner still working in case our services are needed.

My wife works at a grocery store and while there was some initial panic buying on the toilet paper and bread a couple of weeks ago things she said are for the most part normal for them, though shelves are a bit emptier than they usually are. They still have a good supply of the usual food things though. Best part is, I don't have to go do the shopping! The down side to that at first was sending mini shopping lists every day she works by text messaging. Was taking considerable time to type all that in, until I learned the phone had voice recognition and I could simply dictate the list! I'm learning some interesting things about my cell phone and how to use it. :)

Now, what to do for two weeks! OMG I might even be able to go down to the workshop and actually work on one of several models I've started over the past couple of years. I've got the General Hunter, the bomb vessel cross section proto-typ (that Dave picked up on here after I had to put it on the shelf) and a chinese junk I started building for my brother a few years back.

I have the little admiral at home with me as well, as school is closed for March break (and we're told even longer as they don't plan on opening the schools again after that is over). The first thing on the agenda though, at her request, is to make bread. That's one of the many things we enjoy doing together. It will be a surprise for when her mom gets home tonight after work!

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

I just saw the figures of new confirmed corona cases in the USA, and I was shocked about the facts. Seems that there are appr. 18.000 new cases in the last 24 hours.
In the meantime there are more cases in the USA than in China or Italy.
aab.JPG

This is a graphic chart showing the progress of the time period of the duplication figures, and the USA is far higher than all other countries worldwide. (USA with the green arrow)
aaa.JPG

unfortunately only in german language available

translation header:
Covid-19 cases in selected states. Time series begin on the day the hundredth case was reported. Auxiliary lines show constant doubling times, starting from 100 cases. Data as of 26.3. (Ö) and 25.3.2020, Austria data are supplemented daily with the number of cases reported after 3 p.m.
States in red tones have doubled times of two to three days in the period shown, states in shades of blue have achieved longer doubling times.

The terrible reality:
These known figures are showing more or less the infection 7 to 10 days ago, so the figures will rise tremendously during the next days, because these infections already happened in this time period......

In all countries we should stay at home, reduce the contacts as much as possible and stay healthy

Especially in the States you should be very very careful, otherwise this will be an extreme situation, especially in regions where the hospitals have not enough in oxygen resuscitation apparatus in intensive care. This happened in Italy, this happened in Spain, we will see in other countries of Europe how this works and how good they are prepared.

ADC

In Australia they are trialing an old tuberculosis vaccine. Some medical experts think it may help. This vaccine was given to many people years ago.

Concardi

In Italy they are trying with drugs for rheumatoid arthritis and with plasma containing antibodies of healed people.
Unfortunately people continue to die, there are also many people healed.
The only thing we can do is stay indoors.
Absolutely stay indoors.

shipbuilder

Can't stay indoors here in UK. Practically out of food this morning. Ordering online impossible Not exactly, because we ordered online a few days ago, but they say we will get it on the 6th May! Queue about 300 feet long at one supermarket. Got in a small one for a bit of bread, bag of brussel sprouts and two litres of milk. Maybe survive for another three days on that!

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Staff member
Sponsor

cases are getting more and more here so wife and I are not leaving the house.
yup it is getting really serious not only the virus but grocery stores are getting empty, also two grocery chains have found the virus in the store.

pugwash

In Italy they are trying with drugs for rheumatoid arthritis and with plasma containing antibodies of healed people.
Unfortunately people continue to die, there are also many people healed.
The only thing we can do is stay indoors.
Absolutely stay indoors.
The few times I've been out I've encountered very poor prep and provision at GP's, chemists, Post Offices and supermarkets. Not be long before Law and Order goes out the window.
Folk are going to be faced with the horror of their empty lives.
The government has had to reveal their money tree at last.
How disgusting are their failed efforts to try and keep people off benefits? Now revealed to be (what we always knew) criminally inadequate. Even the homeless can have free hotel accommodation now.
Our PM had been insisting that true immunity is gained by thorough hand washing. Now he has it! If this wasn't happening for real, you wouldn't believe it.
And we're told the worst is yet to come. Credulity has become a scarce commodity.
At least it keeps the Jehova's Witnesses away.