Crew Figures

Does anyone know of a source for scale crew members? I’m looking for good quality “little men” in 1/48 scale. I’ve done the searches and found a lot of vendors but for the most part they look rather cheap and of low quality. I can’t even do a good job painting a wall so I’d like to find figures that are already painted.

thanks

Thanks Poul. The figures look good but again unpainted is a problem for me. My painting skills are zero. Maybe less than that.
#MeeToo ROTF
I think it will be hard to find painted in good quality unless you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for each figure. For a reasonable price (10$ 5 pcs.) you can get somehing like these and maybe you can bash them into something useful if you find the quality sufficient:
1609861483429.png

#MeeToo ROTF
I think it will be hard to find painted in good quality unless you are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for each figure. For a reasonable price (10$ 5 pcs.) you can get somehing like these and maybe you can bash them into something useful if you find the quality sufficient:
View attachment 203582

Now this might work! I’m far handier with a scalpel than I am with a paint brush.
Thanks

john

A little veering from the original topic, but what about 1:63 scale? I'd like some crew for my Baltimore Clipper.

If the figures are to be used only to provide a sense of scale to the model, one solution would be to simply paint them solid black or solid white. That way, they would provide the scale but would not distract the viewer from the details on the actual ship model itself, especially if there were only a few of them here and there on the deck or in the rigging.

modelu3d.co.uk will do figures in any scale though they tend not to be 'historic'. They are beautiful little people though and I would encourage you to look at their website.
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/ manufacture plastic or metal historical figures to 1/56th scale (28mm). Many different theatres and again lovely wee folk. I bought some Arab civilians, MA29, to crew my Artesania Latina dhow.
Dudley

Gday Chaps
I know that I am a little late to this conversation, but I used to do the odd bit of figure painting for myself, family and commission. There are a number of figures available from 100's of manufacturers. For the forum members that do not wish or want to paint them drop me a line as I am happy to do them for the cost of paint only. They may not get done in a week but they will get done.

Pete

Have a look at Victory models. They have some crew figures in different scales. I know that also Tom from CAF was working at this.
Also Dusek has figures but only in scale 1/72 if I remember right.

Gday Chaps
I know that I am a little late to this conversation, but I used to do the odd bit of figure painting for myself, family and commission. There are a number of figures available from 100's of manufacturers. For the forum members that do not wish or want to paint them drop me a line as I am happy to do them for the cost of paint only. They may not get done in a week but they will get done.

Pete
Great offer for the members.
It would be interesting to see some of your work....

I am off with the local fire brigade for the next week doing burn offs but will sort out some pictures when I get back.

Pete

Back