Critics!!

When it happens, try to find something worthwhile out of the comments. Sometimes the criticism can open up a challenge or viewpoint you haven't considered. But it still leaves a scar (or in your case—a stain) you won't forget.

Last edited:
One of my very first model ship builds was a plastic version of the Bluenose. It did have thread rigging. It was sitting on top of a shelf and my Sisters cat got up there (she was visiting) and decided it was great fun to take its claws to the taught rigging lines. Swat…twang! Repeat. Snapped off everything the lines were attached to as well…

One of my very first model ship builds was a plastic version of the Bluenose. It did have thread rigging. It was sitting on top of a shelf and my Sisters cat got up there (she was visiting) and decided it was great fun to take its claws to the taught rigging lines. Swat…twang! Repeat. Snapped off everything the lines were attached to as well…
When I had "annoyed" our Siamese he would get up on the mantelpiece behind my favorite schooner model. Once he had my full attention he would proceed to slash at the rigging while maintaining full eye contact with me... The model is currently in my workshop being almost totally rerigged...

The flourescent lights in my shop seem to attract birds, bumble bees, wasps, and all manner of flying objects in my shop. I turn off the lights and shoo them out with a broom. Also commonplace for me are skinks, spiders, and an occasional black-snake.

The only visitor I felt was a problem was the furry little rat pictured below. I joke that I was training it to sail the model but all it did was fill the hull with acorns and chew on things, but these rodents are no joke. Got into the "attic" space of my shop and set up housekeeping which made the shop smell like an unattended zoo exhibit. I spent a small fortune on hardware cloth covering the eaves and vents to keep it out, once I got it out.
squirrell.jpg
Those little lights in it's head are where the laser beams are fired from

When I had "annoyed" our Siamese he would get up on the mantelpiece behind my favorite schooner model. Once he had my full attention he would proceed to slash at the rigging while maintaining full eye contact with me... The model is currently in my workshop being almost totally rerigged...
Hallo @JPSteve
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back