Cross Section Kit Advice

DOM

Hello,
I'm new to the group and am in the process of building my first ship (Model Shipways Phantom). I've always wanted to build a cross section kit and have seen Disar Navio Rayo Gun Section kit and Occre Santisima Trinidad, which is really focused on the combat station. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has experience with these two and if there are recommendations for any other cross section kits. Thank you so much, in advance for input.

DOM

THERE ARE A GREAT MANY X SECTIONS, AVAILABLE AND MORE COMING OUT RAPIALY MANY FROM CHINA CAF GRANDO, LE FLERON BONHAM RICHARD, BUT THEY ALL REQUIRE SOME DEGREE OF EXPERIECE, CHECK THEM OUT HERE THERE ALSO AR LOGS AVAILABLE CHECK UWES BOHAM RICHARD X SECTION, HOPE THIS HELPS, KEEP US INFORMED. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I am working on a build of the Occre Santisima Trinidad, some minor issues in my build of not following instructions close caused a build issue, but its a nice kit build with basic tools and knowledge.

The scale is large enough to see things but not to big to take up too much space.

Hello,
I'm new to the group and am in the process of building my first ship (Model Shipways Phantom). I've always wanted to build a cross section kit and have seen Disar Navio Rayo Gun Section kit and Occre Santisima Trinidad, which is really focused on the combat station. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has experience with these two and if there are recommendations for any other cross section kits. Thank you so much, in advance for input.

DOM
Hallo @DOM
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello,

DOM
Hallo @DOM
Birthday-Cake

I am going to try to build the 1/200 Nidale HMS Victory cross section kit. Always wanted to try a cross section but hope I didn't bite off more than I can swallow. It will be my first wood kit build and got it at a good price. I am surprised how small and fragile it is! BTW, is there an easy way to correct the warping that these pieces seem to have? I have tried a little water on the concave (bowed in side) of the piece but it comes right back even when pressed for a day. Thank you.

I am going to try to build the 1/200 Nidale HMS Victory cross section kit. Always wanted to try a cross section but hope I didn't bite off more than I can swallow. It will be my first wood kit build and got it at a good price. I am surprised how small and fragile it is! BTW, is there an easy way to correct the warping that these pieces seem to have? I have tried a little water on the concave (bowed in side) of the piece but it comes right back even when pressed for a day. Thank you.
Are these warped pieces made out of plywood, or solid wood?

Hello,

DOM
Hallo @DOM
Birthday-Cake

For a cross section kit that combines quality and visual appeal, the USS Constitution is a top choice. Its robust parts and clear instructions make it ideal for beginners, while the historical significance adds to its charm. Plus, the supportive community around this kit is invaluable for any newcomer.

Back