CSS Alabama by Mamoli - Mounting Main Yard on Mast

I am currently working on the CSS Alabama and ran into a problem “visualizing” how the Main Yard is attached to the mast. The instructions are clear for the Top Mast/Topgallant but non-existent for the Main Yard. The confusion lays in the fact the metal mounting piece for the Main Yard is different from the Top Mast/Topgallant. Can anybody help me here?
Monty

G'day Monty, could you post a pic of the plan so we can get an idea of what you are looking at so we can help you,

best regards john,

Attached is a copy of the CSS Alabama instructions detailing the yards for the main mast. The metal pieces supplied for the Topgallant and the Top Mast (F24) are different than the piece for the Main Yard (F25). There are no instructions on how the Main Yard is attached to the mast. The mast is much too large to fit within the metal piece and the yard. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• CSS Alabama.jpg
    CSS Alabama.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 48
G'day Monty, with that fitting F25 you should have a metal band that goes around the mast and on the front of the metal band there should be a little flat piece of metal with a pin sticking up, the hole on the F25 should sit down over the pin so that the yard can swing from side to side, the yard would also be held in place to the mast top with chains and or ropes, hope this helps you,
Best regards John,

Great! The image was just what I needed to proceed. I suspected I neede a "pin like" attachment. Now I can make the band and pin (kit dosen't supply this). No problem. This is why we say we "build" model ships and not "assemble" them. Thanks again.

I am currently working on the CSS Alabama and ran into a problem “visualizing” how the Main Yard is attached to the mast. The instructions are clear for the Top Mast/Topgallant but non-existent for the Main Yard. The confusion lays in the fact the metal mounting piece for the Main Yard is different from the Top Mast/Topgallant. Can anybody help me here?
Monty
Hallo @Monty
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back