cutting mats

Do these self healing cutting mats really work? How do they "self heal"? Are they worth the money. My table top it taking a beating. Thanks, Ken

Get one to cover your entire table top. You won't regret it. Shop around, they aren't expensive. Mine is 60x45cm. So long as you don't attack it with a router, it'll last a lifetime.
I agree that which ever size that you buy it is worth it. I have a mid size 12x18 inch Excel 60003 but don't remember the cost. It doesn't cost, it pays! PT-2

Hello Ken, Yea...those cutting mats made of multiple layers: the outer PVC vinyl plies give the mat self-healing properties; the inner core is solid plastic and prevents mat cut-through, extending blade life. They worth every penny you spend, highly recommend!

And when you cut one, it's healed before it gets time to scream. Mine never has.

After seeing all the positive reviews, I went ahead and purchased a small one. Thank you, Ken
When you tried once - you will buy also a bigger one
Mine is on the desk since years - not looking good any more, but still works, so they are a small investment for a longer time period (and your cutters will also be happy, they will stay sharp over a longer time)

Don't let the wife see it; she'll want to start cutting garlic and onions on it! I have had several over the years and have found the ones made by Olfa to be the best. Some of them have grids, inch or metric measurements as well. Don't forget to rotate the mat to avoid cutting in the same place over and over- this will significantly extent the life of a cutting mat.

I prefer the small size because mine eventually get covered with spots of glue and paint, so don’t keep a nice smooth surface. I do most of my cutting and chopping on that, and Throw it out when it gets too rough. Cheaper than replacing a big one!

I'm not one to boast, but I have a big one.

I've had it so long I can't remember the cost but I do recall it wasn't substantially more than one a quarter the size. You may consider the larger size and cutting it into four A4's. Or you could have a useful long one and two small ones.
A determined session with a Stanley knife would do it in a jiffy.

However I'm delighted you are happy with a small one.

How fond we British are of a sense of humor. Sadly, something many don't quite appreciate. Levity is a two edged sword, but it has a long history, not everyone can claim.

Tts called political correctness. It killed the humor. Give me back the 70's & the Goodies, 2 Ronnie's, Benny Hill, Monty P, Peter Cook & More, Little Britain etc any day .
Also no one gets subtlety or innuendo these days, the Joke has to be explained!
From the Very fist episode of Monty P

Tts called political correctness. It killed the humor. Give me back the 70's & the Goodies, 2 Ronnie's, Benny Hill, Monty P, Peter Cook & More, Little Britain etc any day .
Also no one gets subtlety or innuendo these days, the Joke has to be explained!
From the Very fist episode of Monty P

That is a 'Hoot!!!" I survived "the joke" and am still chuckling about it. . . for who knows how long??? PT-2

Back