Cutting the station molds

As you will notice, there is no need for power tools for this project.

Cutting the station can easily be done by hand using a fret-saw, jeweler saw or coping saw.
You may also use a scroll saw with the finest blade you have.
Tool:
20200619_090541 copy.jpg

Blade:
I use the finer one as basswood is very soft.
If you use plywood (building from scratch or from the European wood package) for the station mold, the finer blade will work just as well.

20200619_090148 copy.jpg

Cutting:
Follow the line as closely as possible, cut slowly, this type of saw allow very fine cut, especially curve cuts.
If not, the mold can be sanded down to the line. Just do not go too far past the line.

20200619_090934 copy.jpg

You may also look at this option to ease setup of the strongback.
A wider base on the station molds will stabilize then better: not a "must" but something to think about.

20200619_091650 copy.jpg

G.

As you will notice, there is no need for power tools for this project.

Cutting the station can easily be done by hand using a fret-saw, jeweler saw or coping saw.
You may also use a scroll saw with the finest blade you have.
Tool:
View attachment 158475

Blade:
I use the finer one as basswood is very soft.
If you use plywood (building from scratch or from the European wood package) for the station mold, the finer blade will work just as well.

View attachment 158476

Cutting:
Follow the line as closely as possible, cut slowly, this type of saw allow very fine cut, especially curve cuts.
If not, the mold can be sanded down to the line. Just do not go too far past the line.

View attachment 158477

You may also look at this option to ease setup of the strongback.
A wider base on the station molds will stabilize then better: not a "must" but something to think about.

View attachment 158479

G.
Wider bulkheads for stability make a lot of sense that I will follow when I finally get lumber and started. PT-2

Back