De Agostini Sovereign of the Sea's

G'day all, I have a partial series of the De Agostini Sovereign of the Sea's , I aquired this just before Christmas, this is not to be confused with the SoTS that I sold early last year, this one has the hull in frame and issues up to Number 20 to finish the hull, but issues Numbers 21 to 69 are missing but then I have numbers from 70 to 135 and also I think 5 folders, all the issues from 70 to 135 are unopened, is anyone interested, I'm open to offers, the biggest problem would be packing for posting and due to the weight would probably only be viable in Australia,

20221019_232927.jpg

20221019_233608.jpg

20221019_233817.jpg

20230112_202549.jpg

20221019_235223.jpg

20221019_235645.jpg

20221019_235738.jpg

20221019_234229.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Peter, I'm in Adelaide, so probably a bit too far, also the friend i got the model from sent me a message this morning that he had found more of the kit in the back of his Garage, so I am only 14 issues short of the full pack now, so I am going online to see what it will cost to buy the 14 issues, a few of the issues are just the cannon and I can turn them or cast them myself, so now I have a new question,

Does anyone in Australia know where I can buy back issues,

best regards John,

Thank you Peter, I'm in Adelaide, so probably a bit too far, also the friend i got the model from sent me a message this morning that he had found more of the kit in the back of his Garage, so I am only 14 issues short of the full pack now, so I am going online to see what it will cost to buy the 14 issues, a few of the issues are just the cannon and I can turn them or cast them myself, so now I have a new question,

Does anyone in Australia know where I can buy back issues,

best regards John,
I’ll ask around

I wonder how you got this grand kit "down under" when I tried to order a kit, it says shipping to UK only!
G'day Kurt, the guy I got it from had it posted out from England, maybe it was a relative that sent it, but then again I had the same kit that I bought from a guy last year, and that was the full 135 issues plus all the tools that came with it, so somebody must be sending them,

best regards John,

Don’t understand why shipping is limited to UK only but just for ship models!

I can order most anything else from them in USA but the ships

Don’t understand why shipping is limited to UK only but just for ship models!

I can order most anything else from them in USA but the ships
G'day Kurt, I made a few inquiries and found out that they were also sold through several newspaper outlets, don't know if this helps you,

best regards John,

After receiving the extra 36 issues I think that with the total weight it wouldn't be viable to post, so I have decided to keep the Kit and will try and buy the extra copies on line, as I have said at least three of the issues only contain cannon and I can make those and some of the wooden parts also, when i bought the Cazador Xebec, my friend gave me the Sots and now he has also given me another 36 issues I think I will keep and build her at a future date, Hmmm, dont hold me to that I might get itchy fingers.

Thank you for all who have viewed this post and thank you for the help offered.

Best regards john.

Well i have had a scout around and found seven of the issues out of the fourteen that I needed on ebay, out of the other seven issues four contain cannon and wood strip that i can make myself, the other three have castings in them so I will have to keep an eye out for these issues, I will list them below I might just be lucky,

Issue 53 Transom embellishments,

Issue 62 Galleries roofs, Lanterns,

Issue 63 Statues and eye bolts,

if any member knows where I can buy them it would be appreciated,

best regards john.

Back