Victory Cross Section - Deagostini

Hi:
I am just getting started in building wood ships now that I have retired and finally setup the workshop I've always wanted to have. My first foray is the Deagostini Victory cross section. I have
see several builds on the internet and it struck me as one I would like to try. I will share pictures along the way because I would like to have people let me know if I have done
something wrong so I can fix it because I am a novice. I am working on the building the sides up. I will have some pictures soon.
KeithThumbs-Up:D

Hallo, and a warm welcome here on board.
Your decision to start a building log was a very good step, so we are able to help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
I am looking forward

Hi Everyone:
I have finished the basic skeleton of the cross section. There were a couple of problems with keeping the ribs straight but I worked the out.
I have started on planking the outside of the ship and haven't encountered any problems yet. Hope fully I won't. Thanks for all the encourgement
on this project, so fast I\m having a good time being able to build anytime I want to. Attached are a couple of photos of my progress. If I need to do
something different please let me know.
thanks,
KeithP1030161.JPGP1030161.JPGP1030162.JPGP1030163.JPGP1030164.JPGP1030165.JPG

Attachments

• P1030165.JPG
    P1030165.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi:
I was thinking of putting copper plates below the waterline of the cross section. I haven't seen one like that but I thought it would look good.
What to people think about that?
Keith
Do it Exclamation-Mark

- it is looking very good also on a section - take a look at my Triton

IMG_24631.jpg

Hi Doc:
Right now I'm building the victory cross section by deagostini. I see where you have built the Armed Virginia Sloop. I am thinking of building it for my next
project. I have the same practicum for lauck street . Did you like building it and did you have any problems with the instructions.
Thanks,
Keith ( oldstampman)

Hi Everyone:
I got back to building on the cross section and it looks to be going pretty well. I have done part of the inside planking up to
the first deck. I also planked the outside of the ship and it came out just right on the top with no sanding. (luck). I am starting on the
inside of the belly of the ship with the cannon ball chest. I am including some pictures, and would like a critique of my work to see
it there is anything I need to do different. I received my copper plates for the ship and need to ask if anyone could tell be where
to start the plates. I have looked several places and came up empty, hope someone can help. Well back to building again. :) :):)

Your section progress very well:cool:
For coppering the hull my 5cent is yes after 2or 3y it will take a nice patina and you model will look a lots nicer
Good work Thumbsup

Back