Dioramas - for inspiration

This is an excellent link, Uwe, and many hours for enjoyment. He is a very talented guy! Many thanks for posting the link in SOS.

This is an excellent link, Uwe, and many hours for enjoyment. He is a very talented guy! Many thanks for posting the link in SOS.
The models were not build by only one modeler - it looks like the who-is-who of diorama builders from all over the world

Impressive. Shame it's mostly 'facebook', which I don't do.
Is there a way of viewing without 'facebook'?

Impressive. Shame it's mostly 'facebook', which I don't do.
Is there a way of viewing without 'facebook'?
You don´t have to post on facebook, but can see the photos there without having an account there.
When photos are uploaded on facebook, you have to look at them on facebook - unfortunately

I tried a shipyard diorama awhile back but set it aside. Ran into two problems…I did not have enough bench space to work on it and I do’t have any place in my house to display it when done. So I have a 2‘ x 2’ base started and tucked away on a bottom shelf…maybe someday…

Diorama from the museum in the reconstructed Viking town on the island of Birka in Lake Malaren west of Stockholm. The lake was once connected to the Baltic and Russia was reachable in five days sailing. A trading town and one of the few Viking towns ever discovered.

IMG_0554.JPG

Those dioramas are so impressive. I've made a few myself. But I think you need tons of Time, money, imagination, skills, and not least of all experience. However today its never been easier to access so much assistance through forums, books, and cheap supplies.

Here's a different kind of diorama for you. It's about 1/2 or 2/3rds life sized and is of a traditional Cayman Islands turtle fisherman. In a little museum (and a very nice one) in Grand Cayman.

IMG_4164.JPG

Back