DocBlake's HMS Blandford Cross Section Build - 1/32 Scale - [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good progress Dave, now I se how the fill blocks between the frames make the work easier when we get to where you are now.
The filling blocks are also important earlier in the process of stiffening the frames.
In my case, I think it would help because I think some of the frames are a little too low.
Greeting-
Very neat and impressive Dave!

Ted

Thanks, guys!

I pinned and glued the main jeer bitt to the lower deck as well as to the aft surface of beam 2. I then pinned and glued the support columns to the lower deck and used clamps to hold beam 1 in place so the support beams underneath beam 1 stay where they are supposed to. I made the chain pump cranks of 1/16" brass rod. They need to be blackened.

IMG_0420.JPGIMG_0422.JPGIMG_0423.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

One word of caution: When you fabricate the crank handle, make sure the "offset" (where the seaman grabs the crank to operate it) isn't so large that it can't clear the two carlings that frame the hatch above. The plans show this to be a pretty close fit, so pay attention: smaller, rather than larger for the "offset"! No criticism, Mike. It's just hard to accurately bend 1/16" brass...it can result in an oversized crank. How do I know this???...………LOL!!

Thanks, guys!

One word of caution: When you fabricate the crank handle, make sure the "offset" (where the seaman grabs the crank to operate it) isn't so large that it can't clear the two carlings that frame the hatch above. The plans show this to be a pretty close fit, so pay attention: smaller, rather than larger for the "offset"! No criticism, Mike. It's just hard to accurately bend 1/16" brass...it can result in an oversized crank. How do I know this???...………LOL!!
Had the same problem on Kingfisher - my crewmen were swearing at me! Remade them

Ted

Back