Does Anyone Recognize this Model?

I built this model in 1975 on a folding TV table with only an xacto knife and sandpaper when we were living in a one bedroom apt. I did a really crumby job, but it was my very first attempt and I had no idea of what I was doing. For some reason, I have never gotten rid of it and it has (more or less) survived our many moves over the past 44 years.

I am wondering if anyone knows what model kit this is. It's plank on bulkhead and fairly crudely done. For example, the windows and decorations are just printed on the wood, and I just painted them. I have no recollection of where I bought it or what ship it might be or what company produced the kit. The only thing I remember about building it is how shocked I was to find the masts and yards all came as square stock and had to be rounded and tapered. I just remember thinking, "Really? They can't be serious!" I have scoured the internet, but cannot find any leads at all. Does it look familiar to anyone?
Thanks,
David
DSCN1098.JPG

DSCN1099.JPG

DSCN1100.JPG

DSCN1101.JPG

DSCN1102 (Custom).JPG

Perhaps an old Billings kit? Who knows. She has held up well over the years with some dust. In 1975 I was building plastic model airplanes and could not believe how people could begin to build wooden ship models.

Last edited:
No chance - in moment.....
is this a swan at the gallion? Maybe than Black Swan ?

Back