Donnie's HMS Blandford Cross Section Build: 1/32 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

knut,
yes, this width is less. that is due to the fact that on the LEFT side at the top is a 'sidebar' for lack of better terms this is taking up space with Latest Post and statistics. good observation! I am not sure how to correct that for now.

Thank you for the compliments to all -

I dreaded this part of cutting the Rabbet out. So, I turned my efforts to the Mill to see if I can perform a setup to make this easier. The setup is more involved than the actual cut - as usually the case when setting up things like this. A little imagination is required. I hope that this procedure will give me the result I am looking for. A short video to show cutting action. I am only halfway complete in cutting the Rabbet and I hope that the final product will look correct.
The aft part of the Rabbet has a slight rise to it, so two angles will have to be taken into consideration. For now, the easy cut, then the Aft Rabbet later.

rabbet-01.jpg

rabbet-02.jpg

rabbet-03.jpg

rabbet-04.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. I learned all from you guys. Here is the latest. Got the frames done and just dry fitting the Keelson. (the keelson is just laying in the bottom and is not attached to anything. It is not even cut to dimension or shaped.
I tried to get a shot of the rabbet, but the camera is hard to get into position. The Frames are still just sitting in the jig and nothing is glued or bolted in.
The small pieces of masking tape is just where I am closing up any 'gaps' of the frame vs. jig to make the frames set tighter.

frames32.jpg

frames33.jpg

frames34.jpg

frames35.jpg

Well, I am truly humbled by all of your compliments and surly set a high bar for me to maintain. I am sure (and hope) not to screw up something at some point - LOL - of which I am sure that might happen - I am not finished with it yet -
But, again - thank you all.

Well, I am truly humbled by all of your compliments and surly set a high bar for me to maintain. I am sure (and hope) not to screw up something at some point - LOL - of which I am sure that might happen - I am not finished with it yet -
But, again - thank you all.
Do not worry, mistakes are part of the way, withou them we will not grow. More mistakes more experience :D.

Latest. I made a template for the keelson using CAD and will do the same using a glue stick to glue the pattern to. I am using a scrap piece to make sure the piece fits well before I cut the real thing. The gray area is the cut-out portion.

keelson-layout.jpg

Back