Dremel 4300-

Sorry Bryian,
I am a Proxxon-guy - but it is looking good - but maybe also heavy?

It does look like a solid tool well packed with a flexible shaft, multiple attachments, and even a holding caddy, not to mention the case.

that is the tool i use i have burned out a few Dremel tool in the past and the latest one is the 4300 series.

the 4300 is a much better tool it has more power and runs cooler. The 4000 series is a more robust tool than the smaller hobby grade single speed Dremels

Good buy. Personally I don't use this tool because I find it too agressive(meaning I don"t know how to use it properly I think).

there is a speed control running full speed it can get very agressive if i want to do delicate work i dial it down.

some Dremel models do not have a speed control just on or off and those may get out of hand.

I have a Dremel 4300. It's been rock solid. It may be heavier than the battery operated option, but not overly so. The variable speed is nice with low vibration, and this adjustment does have some effect on the aggressiveness of the cutting action. Higher speeds and a light touch should be used on delicate parts. The tiny work light near the rotating tool is bright and very good at seeing how the tool is cutting. I haven't had a chance to use the flexible cable yet. The three jaw chuck makes for fast tool changes, and will hold the tool well without loosening from vibration over time. It gets the most wear of all the parts except the bits, of course, and can be replaced inexpensively if it does wear out. Keep it clean and it will last. The one I bought was a refurbished tool, so that knocked the price down a bit. Great value for the money. It will be interesting to see how it carved wood using a micro burr tool. The Dremel 4300, using diamond burr tool below, made very fast work of piercing and rough shaping the windows of the scratch built mahogany turrets on the La Couronne model.

1630075070098.png

Last edited:
Brian, not knowing what failed on your old one, but Dremel used to sell replacement motor brushes, which transmit the power to the motor.

I have seen may folks toss a tool that only need cheap brush replacement to keep it going.

I have an earlier version that what your showing, same basic tool, with different accessories and case.

Works well for most anything its needed for.

I bought a Dremel 4300 a year ago and after few weeks of usage I gave it to my brother. According to my experience for model making Proxxon grinders are much more useful. It's just my opinion, look at the videos too..

Dremel vs Proxxon

seems tools are like kits someone will rave about how good a tool or kit is and someone will rave about how good another is

i don't think you will get an answer what is better
it is like asking what is better left handed or right handed

90% of the world population is right handed and everything is setup for right handed people
but i will tell you left handed is better because i get better results using my left hand because i am naturally left handed

Last edited:
Hi Gang,
my old Dremel 3000 finally packed it in, so looking to upgrade to the Dremel 4300. Anyone here has this tool and can offer some feedback ?

Cheers.

.View attachment 252686

According to the manufacturer, it weighs just 700g, which is just as light as the Dremmel battery (by the way, Bosch is the manufacturer). The larger Dremmel battery also fits the Bosch batteries from the green DIY series
The Dremmel Micro battery weighs 460g

Last edited:
Brian, not knowing what failed on your old one, but Dremel used to sell replacement motor brushes, which transmit the power to the motor.

I have seen may folks toss a tool that only need cheap brush replacement to keep it going.

I have an earlier version that what your showing, same basic tool, with different accessories and case.

Works well for most anything its needed for.

Kurt,
you are probably correct that its the brushes that are worn out. But getting them replaced down here in Australia is almost the same price as buying a new tool.

Just search dental micro motor. They are not that expensive.
The handpiece is a lot easier to use. Smaller and lighter. The contra angled one is great for tight work.

Brian, I have several Dremel tools & I never use them. I have used the same Foredom shaft driven tool without any problems for over 50 years & at 90 ,I am still using it. It has both a stiff & flexible drill. It is driven by a foot pedal.
If you look for one do not get a Chinese copy., get a real Foredom or even get a used one on ebay. There are a lot of good used ones on ebay..
I have been building models since before Pearl Harbor happened & am still going. The best tool I have is the Foredom & it is used every day.
Gene

I also use a Foredom type tool. I have it on a variable speed controller and can adjust the speed to anything the I want. Only thing I wish was a quick change tool less head.

Back