Drum sander or thicknesser

Hello!
For my next scratch build projects I would need a drum sander like Byrnes but it is not available, or three times overpriced for oversea transport and VAT, respectively.
I am therefore considering a compensation with the thicknesser Proxxon DH40.
Is it a good idea? And what to watch out for? I read that the DH40 can't handle thin plates below 3mm, but otherwise praise itself.

Thank you,
Radek

personally, I would prefer a bandsaw for resawing wood to thin pieces. Then sand by hand or sander. Bandsaws will also allow you to cut wood in many different fashions such as curves and pattern cutting. Resawing is typically used to create veneers too. Just a consideration you might like....

Hello!
For my next scratch build projects I would need a drum sander like Byrnes but it is not available, or three times overpriced for oversea transport and VAT, respectively.
I am therefore considering a compensation with the thicknesser Proxxon DH40.
Is it a good idea? And what to watch out for? I read that the DH40 can't handle thin plates below 3mm, but otherwise praise itself.

Thank you,
Radek
Take a look also at the drum sander from Roman alias @RC Model

Thank you - the sander from Poland? The last post I read was about cessation of production due hight input costs.

Radek

Thank you - the sander from Poland? The last post I read was about cessation of production due hight input costs.

Radek
Oh ja - you are right - sorry, I forgot

Back