While @Jimsky may have been the first to order I have the first to receive bragging rights!! I ordered enough to replace all the blocks in my HMS Ontario build. Next will be the ebony deadeyes.

View attachment 224552
Thanks Zolly, they really do look great and the service was awesome!!!
Staying with the borders probably speeds up the delivery time. Outside of the store I don't think any of us know who was first to order which doesn't really matter as much as receiving and being able to use them. Rich

While @Jimsky may have been the first to order I have the first to receive bragging rights!! I ordered enough to replace all the blocks in my HMS Ontario build. Next will be the ebony deadeyes.

View attachment 224552
Thanks Zolly, they really do look great and the service was awesome!!!
Thank you Don, I am really happy that you like them!

Hello Zoltan. I just learned of your online store and reviewed this log. Count me as a future customer. Now I'm going to have to purchase another ship just so I can buy your aftermarket goodies!! I'm really interested in the brown rigging rope and am going to start experimenting with rope serving. Just purchased a server rope walker today.

Do you have a listing of sizes/diameters that will be sold and identifying if they are right or left handed for builders looking at such details? Rich
For the Dark Brown rope for standing rigging sizes/diameters follows here, all in millimeters

I tried to order from Rigging Ropes for Modelers on line BUT when I went to check out I found out that they they only ship to European countries AND they only take bank transfers! What a bummer:confused:! I will check to see if there are any services in Germany that can purchase for me (at a fee of course) and ship to the US. Do we have any members in Germany who might be willing to help under these dire circumstances??

I tried to order from Rigging Ropes for Modelers on line BUT when I went to check out I found out that they they only ship to European countries AND they only take bank transfers! What a bummer:confused:! I will check to see if there are any services in Germany that can purchase for me (at a fee of course) and ship to the US. Do we have any members in Germany who might be willing to help under these dire circumstances??

Exactly what ropes you need ??

Hello Zoly- Thanks for the reply. I was just going to order a sampling of several of his ropes to check quality, etc. I still have a lot of rope I ordered from Lloyd Warner of Warner Woods West years ago (he is now retired). he also made very good blocks. I'm still waiting to hear from Josef Marx of rigging-ropes.com regarding possible ordering options. Dry-Dock Models & Parts rope appears to be very similar-does he make the rope or source it from somewhere else?

Here is Josef Marx of Rigging Ropes for Modelers reply RE: ordering from the US-

Dear Mr. Pedersen,
I only ship with tracking number and it costs 6,15 € - 8,00 €.

My bank takes 12 ,- € for tranfers outside sepa and unfotunatly i don´t

know somebodey who can order for you.
whith best regards
J. Marx
Mit freunlichen Grüßen

Modellbau Takelgarn

J. Marx

Dry-Dock Models and Parts will have the rigging thread in the near future. If you in a hurry, try Egor @craftysailor he has a rigging line for both standing and running ropes made in Russia.

Back