Dumas PT Boat (PT105) 1:30 scale by MOG [COMPLETED BUILD]

Forward & Aft 50 Cal stops and 50 Cal spent cartridge hopper not sure if I will use the hopper yet?

Still being very much a metal fabrication novice , doing the stops rate the toughest project yet with every piece having to conform with the turret ring , plus bends, shaping & getting the heightsaa1.JPGaa2.JPGaa5.JPGa6.JPG right , much reworking & a few choice words for something that might look simple , which I quickly found out was not.

50 Cal machine gun mount with scratch built trigger assembly. And parts to assemble the second trigger group. At this scale detailing has its limits, the working space in tiny, & you can only do so much fabricating parts. Following the weapons blueprints I got it as close as I could.mm1.JPGmm2.JPG

What's the old saying "Devils in the Details", and ours is looking devilishly grand!

Can't wait to see the guns and mounts all assembled and close up!

Twin 50 Cals with mounts ready to prime. As master model builder Gene Berger is always telling me “anything worth doing is worth redoing “ I did not like the first trigger assembly So did it again, Sometimes you have to use a few 3D parts , however working around 3D printed parts at this scale is very fragile, so I combined scratch built with 3D one a better look & 2 I really broke up the original parts.aa1.JPGaa3.JPGaa2.JPG

Most of the work is caught up, now awaiting materials to proceed so I have posted the Jack while docked

Wishing all a hearty thank for all your help & advise , Please have a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year, hopefully we will see calm seas ahead.dz2.JPGdz3.JPG

Canvas spray shield attached to the aft gun tub. Tub not attached yet so it’s placed at an angle for photo purpose The “Canvas” process --Took a piece of old cotton tee shirt, stretched it out very tight tacked it down, several coats of spray primer was applied to both sides, followed by several coats of tan/ OD green regular can spray paint The drying, spraying process made the cotton stiff. Glued a plastic rod to the top to hold its shape, then made holes 5 mm apart in the top, sewed to the rail with rigging line treated with wax and white glue solution. Ship rigging experience came in handy here. Added the hull drain & bilge ports ready for clean-up & weatheringcv1.JPGcv2.JPGcv3.JPG

Back