dutch statenjacht

just finished my scratch-built version of a dutch statenjacht from plans by amati. with the ship at 90% complete i discovered that the plans by amati were based upon a book and drawings that are now considered to be not historicaly correct ( mostly because of the stern quarter galleries ) and should not be trusted as accurate20210716_193244.jpg20210716_193500.jpg20210716_193337.jpg20210716_193212.jpg anyway that is why the ship shall remain nameless. it has already been sold at a discount .

It may not be historically accurate but it is pretty close. When I look at my Statenjacht Utrecht it is very similar. Yours is beautifully built. It is a nice model.
Marcus

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

just finished my scratch-built version of a dutch statenjacht from plans by amati. with the ship at 90% complete i discovered that the plans by amati were based upon a book and drawings that are now considered to be not historicaly correct ( mostly because of the stern quarter galleries ) and should not be trusted as accurate anyway that is why the ship shall remain nameless. it has already been sold at a discount .
Hallo @shipahoy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
What is your actual project? Would be great to see the new project....

thanks for the b day wishes (its actually on the 26th of this month dont know how sos has it for the 2nd must have missed the 6 when i was inputing the info)
currently working on a scratch build of the hms sharke from mantua plans. they call it a cutter but it is actually more of a sloop, and i will rig her as a hybrid cutter/sloop. will post some pics in the ongoing project section soon.