Duyfken 1/50 scale - Kolderstock

Congratulations Jan. I am very happy for you. The three months' wait is not the worst - now at least you know she is safe and sound. As I said before, you will experience exceptional customer service (the best in the business) from Hans @Kolderstok and you will build a true qualitykit.

I would suggest having a very close look at the build log of Hans Groenenberg in the Netherlands. https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/duyfken-kolderstok.247171/

I will gladly help with the translations.

Congratulations Jan. I am very happy for you. The three months' wait is not the worst - now at least you know she is safe and sound. As I said before, you will experience exceptional customer service (the best in the business) from Hans @Kolderstok and you will build a true qualitykit.

I would suggest having a very close look at the build log of Hans Groenenberg in the Netherlands. https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/duyfken-kolderstok.247171/

I will gladly help with the translations.
Heinrich,

I look forward to your help.

Jan

No problem. The pictures in Hans's build log are also a great help.

Great that you received your kit early enough for Christmas.
When it is allowed for you, to take a closer look into the box before, maybe you could show us the content in a kit review?
I will follow your building log - so let us see us once more here end of December, latest the 26th ;)

Great that you received your kit early enough for Christmas.
When it is allowed for you, to take a closer look into the box before, maybe you could show us the content in a kit review?
I will follow your building log - so let us see us once more here end of December, latest the 26th ;)

I’ll be glad to post a review of the kit contents when the opportunity presents itself. The kit was exceptionally packaged and arrived without any “dings, dents and torn edges“.

Jan

Good to read it arrived in time, without any damages. Postal services do not always handle the packages the way it should, so any package which goes oversea is packed with great care.
I'll be following your build (just have to wait some time) - and if you have any questions - please ask!

Hans

Last edited:
Great to see. Here she is , docked in Hillarys boat harbour in Perth, although her permanent spot is in Fremantle. I can give you more pics if you like. Good luck.

View attachment 179856
View attachment 179857

Hi Frankieg,

Those are great pictures, thanks for posting them. I’m looking forward to building this little ship. I’ve spent a few hours researching and downloading pictures and literature to have on hand when I start “construction “.

Jan

Great to see. Here she is , docked in Hillarys boat harbour in Perth, although her permanent spot is in Fremantle. I can give you more pics if you like. Good luck.

View attachment 179856
View attachment 179857
Thanks for showing. I didn’t know where she has been hiding. I will visit her tomorrow. Only a couple of kms away. It’s been rough weather last few days so I doubt she will be moving soon.

Hi Frankieg,

Those are great pictures, thanks for posting them. I’m looking forward to building this little ship. I’ve spent a few hours researching and downloading pictures and literature to have on hand when I start “construction “.

Jan
I've just read in the paper that the Duyfken is to be relocated to Sydney. Better get onto taking more pics , before she leaves. Such a shame. I actually did a 4 hour tour on the Swan river with her, a great experience. They run them in the summer.

It’s the 12/25/2020 unwrapping day:

I’ve spent the morning reading and rereading the build manual, looking at the plans and taking pictures of the kit box contents. Not to bore anyone but these are the contents of the box.

The build instructions.

A6BD0A31-36F6-4DBA-8572-2AD2A7EA3022.jpeg

The build and rigging instructions.

86FCA66B-3A4E-456F-8056-184F4608A634.jpeg

The false keel. The stem section has a little bit of a bend, but I think that was due to the shrink wrapping of all the build parts.

F0143A2A-56E1-47B6-A092-403A21A2F4C6.jpeg

The bulkheads.

11AA1BAB-2689-4AFB-AAFD-240FC2EC7BD9.jpeg

The sails.

83FA0A72-A57B-4D9B-9EE6-6BDB96843038.jpeg

The paint and associated hardware.

B5AE1CF2-ED40-4132-ADB8-737EE5733F6C.jpeg

Now I need to mine out some time to start the build.

Jan

Attachments

• 740551AA-7207-401F-9BD7-56898C8F60F1.jpeg
    740551AA-7207-401F-9BD7-56898C8F60F1.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back