EFIM NIKONOV 1721 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for posting pics of your build. I just got my kit and trying to build the kit. This is my first naval kit and yes, I already broke some parts of the MDF frame. It's low grade fiberboard but I guess it does the job. I look forward to making progress to my kit, using your photos as inspiration and reference. Thanks!

I am happy that this building log is of help.

It will be nice if you start your building log too. We can all help you and also your log will help others in the future.

Cheers
Daniel

Thanks for posting pics of your build. I just got my kit and trying to build the kit. This is my first naval kit and yes, I already broke some parts of the MDF frame. It's low grade fiberboard but I guess it does the job. I look forward to making progress to my kit, using your photos as inspiration and reference. Thanks!
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
It will be nice if you start your building log too. We can all help you and also your log will help others in the future.
I fully agree Daniel proposing, that you could also start a building log - would be great

HI,
What a fantastic job you have done on this unusual model.
The finish on your model is very Professional and the staining really looks the part.
Also I would like to say that I enjoyed the build log and found it very interesting.
Well done.

HI,
What a fantastic job you have done on this unusual model.
The finish on your model is very Professional and the staining really looks the part.
Also I would like to say that I enjoyed the build log and found it very interesting.
Well done.

Thank you !!!!
Daniel

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I fully agree Daniel proposing, that you could also start a building log - would be great
Thank
I am happy that this building log is of help.

Cheers
Daniel
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. Unfortunately, I'm a slow builder and with work, my progress is even slower. Work gets intense and I get so little time to build, but I will consider taking pics as I move forward. I looked at the instructions and I'm already feeling antsy on the window frame. I may have to farm that out to be laser cut so I don't have to glue any sticks together. We will see.

Thanks again and I apologize for such a slow response. Work takes up all my time.

Well, this is finally the end for this model and log. Finish the base and placed it as the Russian repo.

First picture is a screen shot from ZHL MODEL. Same pictures and more info can be find using the links provided at the first post.

I am using this screen shoot for you all to compare with the finish model.

My pictures are taken using one of my dogs pad. Letting you know, so you do not scratch your head thinking what is my background :)

If you zoom the pictures you will see all the details.

So here we go :

View attachment 166343View attachment 166344View attachment 166345View attachment 166346View attachment 166347View attachment 166348View attachment 166349View attachment 166350View attachment 166351View attachment 166352

This is it.

Cheers !!!
Daniel
Excellent job. I hope my effort comes close to this fine model.

Back