Engine room telegraph on Endurance

• Thread starter Thread starter Weasel
  • Start date Start date
  • Watchers Watchers 2
Hello. There is a photograph of the delivery Captain of the Endurance / Polaris standing with a hand on an engine room telegraph. Has anyone any idea where this was placed? I am about to try my hand at making the steering mechanism device, and would want to get the engine room telegraph as correct as possible as well.

Hello. There is a photograph of the delivery Captain of the Endurance / Polaris standing with a hand on an engine room telegraph. Has anyone any idea where this was placed? I am about to try my hand at making the steering mechanism device, and would want to get the engine room telegraph as correct as possible as well.
Can you show us this photo maybe with a screenshot?

BTW: Just found this e-book

Screenshot 2024-07-09 090425.png

South
The Story of Shackleton’s Last Expedition 1914–1917

by Sir Ernest Shackleton

This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere in the United States and most other parts of the world at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever. You may copy it, give it away or re-use it under the terms of the Project Gutenberg License included with this eBook or online at www.gutenberg.org. If you are not located in the United States, you will have to check the laws of the country where you are located before using this eBook.

Release Date: May 15, 2002

The picture is on Getty images under Shackleton Endurance Stock Photos , page 3 .And the caption reads …
“ (Original Caption) Sir E. Shackleton's ship arriving in the Thames for his trans-Antarctic expedition. Here is Captain de Gerleache, a famous explorer who is an enthusiastic admirer of Sir E. Shackleton. The Captain brought over the Endurance from Norway and the voyage only took three days. He is delighted with the ship which he is convinced is an ideal one for the purpose.”
The image is copyrighted and I hope this will attach OK

Back