Everything suspended

Following quite complex eye surgery on the 3rd September last, I went in for my one-month post op check today. Vision now returned to normal, and all seems to be well. Discontinuing all medication (eye drops) in that eye on the 3rd Oct. next!
I can now resume normal life with no restrictions!
Next check up - two months time.
Bob :)
Bob, I just found this part of your thread.....yikes! So very happy to read of your good outcome. I too have Glaucoma in one eye (no ones mentioned the other so I can only assume that one's ok). Drops have been doing their stuff for about 10 years. At my last appointment I was suddenly booked in for a load of tests on November 5th. No explanation so I'm rather anxious. This other hobby, 'getting older' isn't a barrel of laughs anymore.
My best wishes to you and all. Keep well.

Thanks Pugwash & Sid,
I have had interocular pressure since my first eye test at the age of 48 (now 75), but no glaucoma. On eyedrops since 1997. Following the surgery, the pressure fell from 35 to 20, and eyedrops have now been discontinued! Eyesight has always been pretty good, and remains so. Not a very pleasant experience, but behind me now. They cut the eye open, stretched the drainage canal, and stitched it back up again (in the white part under upper eyelid). Still feels slighty gritty sometimes six weeks on.
Thanks for good wishes.
Whilst recovering, I wrote a book on how to build this model. It went to the printers two days ago, and should be out in 7 to 10 working days.
Bob
DSCF6330 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
Bob, I just found this part of your thread.....yikes! So very happy to read of your good outcome. I too have Glaucoma in one eye (no ones mentioned the other so I can only assume that one's ok). Drops have been doing their stuff for about 10 years. At my last appointment I was suddenly booked in for a load of tests on November 5th. No explanation so I'm rather anxious. This other hobby, 'getting older' isn't a barrel of laughs anymore.
My best wishes to you and all. Keep well.
LOL. It turned out the consultant simply wanted the results to monitor my condition over time. Quite a relief!

Thanks Pugwash. Seems OK now, it got the pressure down from 35 to 18 and I don't have to put drops in it any more!:D Check up last week showed 100% in field of vision test - Bob

Wow! That's great news Bob. I'll have to ask if I can have the same. Always following your blogs; I save all your model photo's; I haven't counted them all (so many!) but haven't you been a busy boy!

Hi Pugwash - You can view Viscocanalostomy surgery on Utube here
but don't look if you are squeamish. :eek: I watched it before the operation, but the waiting was the worst part. I was told I needed it in February, and it was not done until September the 3rd. When I woke up after it, only slight discomfort, and I could still see out of it as it was covered with a transparent guard. Next morning, vision was perfectly normal again, but on the 2nd day it all went blurred (expected) and I could not read or watch TV for about a week. No real discomfort, just slight grittiness. 8 drops a day for a month and then all drops discontinued. Vision was back to normal within three weeks. It was checked at 1 day, 1 week, and then 1 month. I think the nexy cvek will be in two or three months. Mine was done in Royal Preston Hospital, Lancashire -
Bob

Back