Eye Problem

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

Ha, as soon as I get approved for Medicare (that is an American government thing that helps pay for your medical when you reach 65) --- I have had Gout and now, I have a new thing. It is Posterior Vitreous Retinal Detachment (PVD).

I noticed suddenly I was having these strange small twinkling lights in the right peripheral vision, then right after that a large 'floater' the detachment - is floating in my vision - along with that, seeing in my right eye, everything is very cloudy like looking in a smoke-filled room.

Ha, as soon as I get approved for Medicare (that is an American government thing that helps pay for your medical when you reach 65) --- I have had Gout and now, I have a new thing. It is Posterior Vitreous Retinal Detachment (PVD).

I noticed suddenly I was having these strange small twinkling lights in the right peripheral vision, then right after that a large 'floater' the detachment - is floating in my vision - along with that, seeing in my right eye, everything is very cloudy like looking in a smoke-filled room.

I am sorry about the issues that you are having to deal with Donnie. My best wishes for a speedy recoveery.

Reg

I had that last year. luckily the Vitreous detachment didn't tear the retina... The floaters are still there but they are fading. I hope they checked your retina thoroughly for damage/tears. would be a shame to lose vision when it could have been prevented.

Hi there, get it checked asap in case you have a detatched retina issue. Floaters are comment and a pain but flashing lights is a sign of forementioned issue and needs surgery to save the sight. All the best.

Back