Fife-Scottish Fishing Vessel, Amati_Victory Models 1:32

FAFC70F1-38B6-41CF-A5D5-061A1DCDBC64.pngIt's been many months since I closed the doors on my shipyard although I still lurk around the forum. Thought it was time I tried building again.
I've had this model in my stash for quite some time so I decided to start something new to see if I can get the juices flowing again. I've read a couple of build logs on this model where they stated there wasn't enough wood provided for some of the construction so I ordered another kit. Should be covered with wood even if with 'Dumb thumbs, etc'.

I chose this particular model because of its scale, 1:32 and because there is minimum rigging involved and no cannons. :rolleyes: It is designed for RC however I'll just build as a static model. It is double planked and with the shape of the hull it's hard to tell the bow from the stern and very broad beamed. (I guess the rudder and propeller gives that away)
Length=27.6"
Height=18.5"
Beam=8.5"
This thing is a brute. With all the hull parts assembled and glued it's rigid. I can see where it would make an excellent RC model. Everything fit right and tight.

Not making any promises as to how far I get or how long it will take me but, here goes:

512C2849-2D49-41ED-A4B7-7086AAE9E7D1_1_105_c.jpeg

This is a great looking and interesting model
Have fun with this project

View attachment 458507It's been many months since I closed the doors on my shipyard although I still lurk around the forum. Thought it was time I tried building again.
I've had this model in my stash for quite some time so I decided to start something new to see if I can get the juices flowing again. I've read a couple of build logs on this model where they stated there wasn't enough wood provided for some of the construction so I ordered another kit. Should be covered with wood even if with 'Dumb thumbs, etc'.

I chose this particular model because of its scale, 1:32 and because there is minimum rigging involved and no cannons. :rolleyes: It is designed for RC however I'll just build as a static model. It is double planked and with the shape of the hull it's hard to tell the bow from the stern and very broad beamed. (I guess the rudder and propeller gives that away)
Length=27.6"
Height=18.5"
Beam=8.5"
This thing is a brute. With all the hull parts assembled and glued it's rigid. I can see where it would make an excellent RC model. Everything fit right and tight.

Not making any promises as to how far I get or how long it will take me but, here goes:

View attachment 458508
I like the slipway. Did you make it?

View attachment 458507It's been many months since I closed the doors on my shipyard although I still lurk around the forum. Thought it was time I tried building again.

Length=27.6"
Height=18.5"
Beam=8.5"

View attachment 458508
Always nice to see another build of a fishing vessel, Ron. It’s looking promising.
Regards, Peter

Ron, I love this boat and it is in my cart on the Amati website. My wife is Scottish and she wants this boat to be added to our collection. Magic Mike
Hold that thought for a while. I may have a new kit which I'll make available at a bargain.
As I stated in my previous posting I have read in a couple of logs that some of the supplied deck and hull planking were less than what's required for the build. that's why I purchased a second kit. That kit was delivered today. So far it appears there is adequate hull planking material as I am almost finished the first layer. When I get to the deck I hope that is the case also.
Maybe it's a case that they readjusted the kit quantity.

Length=27.6"
Height=18.5"
Beam=8.5"

View attachment 458508
Good morning Ron. Good to see you in the shipyard again. I like your thinking on the choice of model…little rigging and no cannons. I will pull up my chair. Cheers Grant

Hold that thought for a while. I may have a new kit which I'll make available at a bargain.
As I stated in my previous posting I have read in a couple of logs that some of the supplied deck and hull planking were less than what's required for the build. that's why I purchased a second kit. That kit was delivered today. So far it appears there is adequate hull planking material as I am almost finished the first layer. When I get to the deck I hope that is the case also.
Maybe it's a case that they readjusted the kit quantity.
Ron, I would be interested in your other kit if it is complete. I'll wait for your input, thanks. Magic Mike

Back