files

it would a great help to have a list of files that is use more often .
Happy holidays to all
Happy Holidays to you and your family, Hammer80! Can we know what list you are looking for? Files (tools) used to build Le Coureur?

What would be a basic Corradi files set for le coureur I have some files but not good quality .

What would be a basic Corradi files set for le coureur I have some files but not good quality .
This is question is more to members who are building the Le Coureur. However, I would consider at least one of the files is 'barrette' 6.3″ - cut 0. This is a very coarse file (cut 0). To fair the frames notches this should work perfectly. Alternatively, you can get a cut 1.

1640305853692.png

Others will chime in shortly...stay tuned.

it would a great help to have a list of files that is use more often .
Happy holidays to all

hammer80
The best one are French, of course ;-))

Any ideas to stop clogging when filing aluminium? (chalk doesn't help much)

Thank you, but tried that and a proper hardened steel file brush, to no avail.
The finer the file the worse the problem.

Any ideas to stop clogging when filing aluminium? (chalk doesn't help much)
Hello and Happy Holidays Season!

The best friend to clean files (not just aluminum) is a - card brush (file). It is almost like a dog brush...

1640359136391.png

Enjoy

Thank you, but tried that and a proper hardened steel file brush, to no avail.
The fincrpscope. Remove everytthing in the file with a #1er the file the worse the problem.
1. Get yourself a good binocular microscope. Use a scalpel to remove all the "cutter clogging" stuff with a #11 blade. The sharp tip of a #11 blade will clean a needle file to new condition; but it will not sharpen a dulled file, obviously.

Back