Finally bitten the bullet!

after several months of deliberation and realising that i would probably be pushing up the daisies before Amati eventually release their large Victory model, I have just pulled the trigger on a ZHL Soleil Royal and, even though I only ordered it ten minutes ago, am impatiently waiting for China post to bring me my model!

I am toying whether to do a build log but am unsure as I am nowhere near the art produced by the many ultra talented "kit bashers" and at the moment am a purely "out of the box" modeller.

My only previous experience are two Caldercraft models, Victory and Agamemnon and these were also built out of the box.

Unskilled as I am, I will not hesitate to pick the brains of the artists on here for hints and tips.

On that note, has anyone tried/considered using artificial gold leaf for the decorations? I did toy with gold leaf but once i saw the price I quickly changed my mind. does anyone have an opinion on this method as opposed to painting?

Many thanks for reading my war and peace length post and I hope someone will answer and I may even do that build log!

Now , wonder when the postman will get here!

thanks in advance

Good choice. A buildlog always helps you to improve your skills. Succes
There is cheap gold leaf for hobby available. Looks the same, works the same but is not gold. I seen it on Aliexpress. Just look for goldleaf. Real cheap.

I hope to see your work on the model in a building log .....

Welcome aboard Longlegs55.
You have quite a good record building models, we can’t wait till you start a building log with us.
Anyway, Welcome again to this Elegant Model Ship Forum.
D712C0E9-D62C-40A7-95D4-0890FD459964.jpeg

great delivery time from ZHL. one week from order to delivery to uk!!!
Now just waiting a week for wood to acclimatise then build log will begin!! (if i can sus out how to do photos)
Stay tuned!

great delivery time from ZHL. one week from order to delivery to uk!!!
Now just waiting a week for wood to acclimatise then build log will begin!! (if i can sus out how to do photos)
Stay tuned!
Hi Langbein, unfortunately I don't understand your question about the photos. it may be due to the translation. Do you want to know how to insert photos? If that's your question, it's very simple. Use the "Attach Files" button on the bottom left and choose what you want to attach
FC7EBACB-C8BB-46DC-9A82-4AC2AA77C476.jpeg
AC1ED4F2-1F53-4251-84DF-05D00314BD82.png

Back