Finding the Deadwood

Hi, I have just received copies of the original Seagull plans and as expected there is a gap between the plan detail and what the skilled shipwright would have built! Unfortunately there is an even bigger gap between what I know and scratch model building! I need your help (again). I have a build log in the scratch forum under Seagull and am not sure where to post my questions. I posted them here to meet the widest audience.

The picture below shows the stem detail….. Is this the upper limit of the deadwood?IMG_2841.jpg

This line progresses through the midships (see below)
IMG_2842.jpg
Note the arrow head to the left of the pointer, it drops through from the center line of the mast above, I assume this is the position of the mast step.

Finally at the stern…...
IMG_2840.jpg

What is the line in the photo below? How does the Gripe fit into the keel/false keel?
IMG_2845.jpg

I have assumed that the 3 green horizontal lines on the shear are the water lines. On the section the green lines are also marked, if these are aligned does that give the relative height above the keel for the different frames to step the deadwood accordingly?

IMG_2843.jpg

Thanks in anticipation……..

Back