First Kit, want it to be cross section.

Hello all,
Originally thought I wanted to build a “Connie” cross section. But after looking at all your builds and photos online,I am now undecided. With so many different ships and manufacturers I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions,favorites or general advice for a senior “newbie”. The quality of the parts and visual appeal of the finished product are what I am after.
Thanks to all
J

I am working on Santisima Trinidad cross section from OcCre.

Not a bad kit, if you pay attention to instructions which are pretty good.

Before to make some advise, you should think about if you want to make a
POB (Plank on Bulkhead) section with a complete planked hull area, or a
POF (Plank on Frame) section like shown by @Dave boatswain - here the frame structure is visible

Before to make some advise, you should think about if you want to make a
POB (Plank on Bulkhead) section with a complete planked hull area, or a
POF (Plank on Frame) section like shown by @Dave boatswain - here the frame structure is visible
I have been looking at this kit.I believe a POF will be my kit of choice

Hello Krul1, have a look at Artesania Latina cross section kit of Nelsons Victory, just completed it after six months,
I would regard this as in the "medium" difficulty range, but the finished result is highly detailed and satisfying.

IMG20240204095502.jpg

“Connie” is the legendary ship, but if you are looking for bulk of the original spares and an appearance of beauty, choose HMS Victory, or Sovereign of the Seas. Yet, hobbyists and professionals find them equally popular due to their intricate preferences and historical relevance. You might advantage from the extensive guidelines and the community provided these ready-to-use models often have. Above everything else, learning is the greatest reward that can be obtained via travelling. You can build slowly, enjoy the process and benefit from the advice from others when needed.Happy building!

Back