First Post

This will be the first time for me, posting to this website. I like to browse and look for ideas on how to improve my projects. History of building scale plastic models when I was younger.
Adult I completed a year 6 spit fire kit with my 8-year-old son and found it to be more entertaining than he ever did. Restarted working with plastic model ships from companies like trumpeter, but then I completed my first wooden model ship kit (Continental Navy Lexington by Mamoli) and was hooked. Not a very good kit, but enough to inspire. I have completed several kits since then: Occre Santisma Trinidad, Independence by Arteseania Latina, and now working on the US Virginia Gun SLoop by AL. Hoping to learn from this forum.

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thanks for the welcome, hope everyone will feel free to comment on anything I post; good or bad. I can handle it. I fact I need it as a learner, and new to the game. I will post some of my earlier projects as few as they are. The newest addition to the above Virginia sloop is the use of the Syren ropewalk for making my own rigging and ropes. It took some time to figure out, actually I just had to sit down and watch his how-to video in full, and now I am making my own. The system is very easy to use and the results are great.

Welcome aboard!!
That is a lovely model and very well constructed.
Im also started as a plastic ship model builder myself, but wood models are very elegant and make an excellent display piece anywhere.

Back