For the “to build” pile!

Looks good (both models). I like Occre kits.
Looks good (both models). I like Occre kits.
Me too. I have been living for Spain 41 Years now. Occre has fairly good quality (special quality-price) I have Built Santisima Trinidad, Montanes and -many may not know that -but Soleigh Royal was an Occre KIT sold by de Agostini.

this looks like the box from Occre. i do not know how experienced you are. If good you can do a lot of things it better. Pay attention to the sails
Sometimes - mainly the Keel is od material. some pieces out of scala and the sails are not that good. some work will have to be done normally here. Reinforcement ets plus a little starch solution to make the close stiffer. But all in all good kits to a medium price. Montanes about 350€ against Avagant 1000€. i prefer to buy the medium price kits and then extra wood, bits and pieces apart.

Sometimes - mainly the Keel is od material. some pieces out of scala and the sails are not that good. some work will have to be done normally here. Reinforcement ets plus a little starch solution to make the close stiffer. But all in all good kits to a medium price. Montanes about 350€ against Avagant 1000€. i prefer to buy the medium price kits and then extra wood, bits and pieces apart.
montanes_occre_01.jpg

Hi to everybody.
First of all my Physically problems has been solved. Only miss one IMPORTANT test, but I am still too heavy. Will have to lose 12 KG more. already been lost over 3 Month. so moral high.
I have over 40Yeras been building from Kits, I have got myself involved with the expensive, but over these, have learned a LOT.
3 GeneralComment:
I have until now never seen a kit without failure, misinformation etc
2.I do NOT understand, why all kit manufacturers are inserting the decks as fast as possible -which ones the deck is glued, no way to extra works un thew hull from inside- suppose that it is a y to maintain Bulksheadts square, but there are so many cheap 90º angels in the shops
3. Planking. I sometimes nearly cry, when I see ships here on very bad Planking. any builders cover this bad Planking by sanding etc and covered with a 2nd layer.
Why do things difficult, when it many times are easier to do it right. Here again, the manufacturers and instruction manuals are not as much help. Right measurement of the Keel to the false Keel, Garboard not exist etc
START RIGHTS FROM THE BEGINNING WITH THE PLANKING, YOU ARE NEARLY HALF DONE WITH PLANKING.

bad planking.jpg9a15a066a701280fc4ed4e1cf3238b0d.jpg

Hi to everybody.
First of all my Physically problems has been solved. Only miss one IMPORTANT test, but I am still too heavy. Will have to lose 12 KG more. already been lost over 3 Month. so moral high.
I have over 40Yeras been building from Kits, I have got myself involved with the expensive, but over these, have learned a LOT.
3 GeneralComment:
I have until now never seen a kit without failure, misinformation etc
2.I do NOT understand, why all kit manufacturers are inserting the decks as fast as possible -which ones the deck is glued, no way to extra works un thew hull from inside- suppose that it is a y to maintain Bulksheadts square, but there are so many cheap 90º angels in the shops
3. Planking. I sometimes nearly cry, when I see ships here on very bad Planking. any builders cover this bad Planking by sanding etc and covered with a 2nd layer.
Why do things difficult, when it many times are easier to do it right. Here again, the manufacturers and instruction manuals are not as much help. Right measurement of the Keel to the false Keel, Garboard not exist etc
START RIGHTS FROM THE BEGINNING WITH THE PLANKING, YOU ARE NEARLY HALF DONE WITH PLANKING.
NOT INVOLVED

Back