Forest Gump's Jenny - 1:60 Lindberg Shrimp Boat [COMPLETED BUILD]

On June 19, 1944 the plane took a direct hit to the right wing over Beaurdoux France. The plane was on fire and crashed. Only 2 men survived. The rest, including Richards, died . Richards was able to be identified and is buried in Enginal, France. Richards was 5'11'' with blond hair and blue eyes and weighed 150lbs. The rest of the crew were burned beyond recognition. I find this an incredible creepy experience. I am also 5'11", Blond hair and blue eyes and now way 170lbs. I know this all sounds bonkers but this is why I wish to build a B-17G.

You might appreciate this, Fright.

Excellent build. Thanks for the inspiration.

You might appreciate this, Fright.

Excellent build. Thanks for the inspiration.
Story - Wow! I just watched this episode three nights ago. Reincarnation and inter-dimensional beliefs are fascinating to say the least. I grew up with science fiction and X-Files and the original Outer Limits were some of my top shows.

While looking at model kits on Ebay, I came across this kit by Lindberg and Immediately thought of Forest Gump movie. So, $20.00 total, I picked up this kit and have started in. I've downloaded some pictures of of the "Jenny' from movie stills for my reference and the kit comes with some figures, of which I will only use two to create Forest and Capt. Dan. There are not a lot of parts to this kit but what there is looks pretty good.

I washed all of the parts and then sprayed everything with a gray primer. After watching a few videos on youtube using hairspray and salt techniques to create weathered paint, I followed the methods shown and it turned out very nice. After the primer, I painted some blotches of yellow, blueish green and brown on hull. Used hairspray and sprayed a thin coat of flat white and then scraped with toothbrush when dried. I then used course salt on wet surface and let dry. I sprayed another thin coat of flat white paint and brushed off remaining salt crystals. There's still a lot to go but it does look like weathered layers of paint!

Note: only the hull is glued at this point. Decks and cabin are just for placement.

View attachment 83823View attachment 83824View attachment 83825View attachment 83826
Hallo Robert alias @Fright
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Fright:
You Shrimper is awesome.
I love every small detail you created.
The weathering is outstanding down to the barnacles in the hull.
Overall is a super looking model.

Back