Forward "run fast" Alert [COMPLETED BUILD]

Mmmm, it would seem that I have been banned from the "OTHER" site. No idea why, as no reason given. I would presume it is because I put my name down for one of these models. A little short sighted I feel, as, if I am not wrong, this has not been stolen from another designer. Oh well, when they are down to three members perhaps they will investigate the Chinese manufacturers a little deeper and not just ban all Chinese manufacturers outright.
It is a pity really, as I was following a number of interesting builds on their site, however, I did notice that there was little to no posting on the site in the last couple of months in the builds I was following. Maybe the DRAGON is biting a little sooner than expected. I fully support what they are trying to do, but please show a little discretion.
If I am out of line here, or am in error in some way, please feel free to correct me.
In the mean time, be careful out there, the virus is still among us.
:)

Dear sir (Mr Trident)
Thank you for your very prompt reply
great news
waiting until August is not to long now
looking forward to the model arriving
P S
looking at the photos of the model can you tell me what was used to simulate the tree nails and bolt heads

Dear sir (Mr Kieron)
I would like to emphasize that the production of "Mr. speed runner" as a guard has undergone a lot of transformation. He has added a lot of details, some of which are not included in kit. I uploaded the production process photos of "Mr. speed runner" just so that you can expand some ideas when making. Unfortunately, copper nails are not provided in kit.

to Mr Trident (handy if i knew your name )would be more personal
any way ,from previous blogs i understand that extra details have been added to the model as photographed
Is there any one out there who could tell me how to simulate the bolt heads as shown in the photos of the ribs of the HMS Alert certainly looks good and i would like to add that detail

Hi again Mr Trident
It is really great to be able converse with you, thank you for taking the trouble to contact speed run .
if speed run can add some more detailed photos and perhaps share his technics and items used perhaps
I am thinking this is going to be the best model ever, and as such if any extra details can be added by the builder all the better, my problem in the past is getting detailed information on the particular subject,
many times in the past i have built a model kit only to see someone blow me out of the water with all the refinements and detail they have included, for example for the Alert the building of cabins, internal fittings, etc i presume are not included in the kit but these details make all the difference
all other members would find this very helpful and you would build up a very loyal following for future projects
Thank you
getting excited that i might be able to build something great for a change
regards Kieron

Hi Kieron
I will only collect more photos of the production process for your reference. Also hope to absorb more design inspiration from everyone's production process. For example, the design idea of cabin components comes from "Speedrun". He is not our staff, and "Speedrun" is just an ordinary fan like everyone else. He gave me a lot of inspiration. I will forward more photos of the production process to you for reference, and I hope to have the opportunity to forward your production photos to Chinese fans to enjoy!

Hi again Mr Trident
It is really great to be able converse with you, thank you for taking the trouble to contact speed run .
if speed run can add some more detailed photos and perhaps share his technics and items used perhaps
I am thinking this is going to be the best model ever, and as such if any extra details can be added by the builder all the better, my problem in the past is getting detailed information on the particular subject,
many times in the past i have built a model kit only to see someone blow me out of the water with all the refinements and detail they have included, for example for the Alert the building of cabins, internal fittings, etc i presume are not included in the kit but these details make all the difference
all other members would find this very helpful and you would build up a very loyal following for future projects
Thank you
getting excited that i might be able to build something great for a change
regards Kieron

Hello again Mr Trident thank you so much for your email i have received a copy of anatomy of the ship HMS ALERT for study and to research i would greatly appreciate any assistance with detailed photos ,as i am sure this will be the best model i will have built ,because of the quality of your kit
This is a thought i had while looking through a sailing ship book
the model of the Egmont a 74 gun English navy ship of 1768
The model was built by John Franklin and won the Model Engineer Exhibition in 1984 it was then purchased by the National Maritime museum in London ,i saw this model there truly magnificent a POF model with exposed timbers.
This may a dumb idea but here goes ,i wonder if the museum would allow someone like you to copy the model, what with all the computer and other advanced technology these days
i am thinking it could be possible even if you had to pay a fee
i for one would pay 2 to 3000 usd for some thing like it
any way just a thought
best regards
Kieron

HI ALL HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AN UPDATE FROM TRIDENT ON THE ISSUING OF THE KIT, LAST WE HEARD IT WAS CLOSE TO SHIPPING HOPE THERE ARE NO MORE PROBLEMS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back