free download: "Shipbuilding Practice and Ship Design Methods From the Renaissance to the 18th Century"

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Something to read - interesting for one or the other

Shipbuilding Practice and Ship Design Methods From the Renaissance to the 18th Century
A Workshop Report
Horst Nowacki and Matteo Valleriani (Eds.)
published by Max Planck Institute for the History of Science

Table of Content
Section I: Ship Design and Hull Geometry
Section II: Shipbuilding Practices Appendices Editorial Preface 3
Eric Rieth 9 First Archaeological Evidence of the Mediterranean Moulding Ship Design Method, The Example of the Culip VI Wreck. Spain, XIIth-XIVth c.
Eric Rieth 17 La méthode moderne de conception des carènes du wholemoulding, une mémoire des chantiers navals méditerranéens du Moyen Age. (Reprinted from NEPTUNIA 2000, no. 220)
Richard Barker 33 Whole-Moulding: a Preliminary Study of Early English and Other Sources
Richard Barker 67 A Venetian Ship Drawing of 1619
Eric Rieth 79 A Similar Atlantic and Mediterranean Ship Design Method: The Case of the French Royal Dockyards at the End of the XVIIth Century
Eric Rieth 93 From Wreck to Shipyard: The Example of the Port Berteau II Wreck, France (VIIth c. AD)
Richard Barker 103 “Cradles of Navigation” Re-Visited Gilberto Penzo 171 La tecnica d’impostazione in cantiere delle barche altoadriatiche
Gilberto Penzo 183 Le “canovete” ossia i mezzi-modelli utilizzati nei cantieri adriatici
Appendix I: Workshop Participants and Organizers 195
Appendix II: Workshop Program 197
Appendix III: Further Relevant References 201

Back