French cutter Le Cerf (1779-1780) - Scratch build 1:48 or just a DEER...

I think the Black Pearl beat all the ships. At least this is the most frequent question I have on the channel: do I plan to build a Black Pearl, is there a chance that I will build a Black Pearl someday, even an offer to send a kit just so that I can build her...)))
I might have thought about this model if she is so popular, but the problem is that this is just a beautiful story. Unfortunately, it's not even based on a real ship (Like, for example, SURPRISE from Patrick O'Bryan's novels) - that's why there are so many different versions of this model. And every modeler believes that he has built the most accurate copy of this ship)))
But which surprise? Le Unite, HMS Rose? Or the Pandora which I have read O'Brian based the book version on? If I built it I think I would use Pandora and restyle the gallery?

For me, it is less important which boat is being built, what interests me and why I started doing this is the knowledge about making wooden boats, which is disappearing very quickly.
I know that there are many different categories of this hobby and I appreciate all those categories very much. No matter how you look at it, it takes a lot of patience and persistence to make a model (wood, plastic).
But to be a little selfish, I appreciate when I see something put together like it was on real wooden ships. It doesn't matter if they were big sailing ships or small fishing boats. I know this is difficult because the problem is scale but it can be done.

I lived by the sea, I had a wooden boat, I watched the master carpenter work on it and was amazed. When he was working, everything looked easy!! This was because the master had knowledge of wooden shipbuilding and I would like to preserve that knowledge.

Now I'm making the model " St.John the Baptist" and somehow it doesn't fill me too much, I'm doing it because I had it at home, and I have it at home because it was part of a magazine about large sailing ships, when I started it, I'll go to finish it.

If I were given the chance, I would make something like in the picture in a scale of of 1:1 3.jpg

regards

It finally happened! I convinced my husband to create his channel. Underwater ship archeology - only facts about real ships, their history, fate and purpose.
This channel was created specifically for those who want to build historically accurate models of ships and are looking for reliable information for their research.
Now you can ask directly Dr. KB any questions about ships and I will record a video!

Kroum Batchvarov - Underwater Ship Archaeologist
The first video with the presentation of the channel:

What would you be most interested in?
- shipwrecks
- the history of ships
- drawings and documentation
- research

Back