French war-ship Saint-Philippe 1693 - scale 1/72 - from Lemineur monograph

Hello boys,

Here, a view of the hidden side of the planking, bilge side, which is quite
well adjusted (don’t ask me how I did it, I’m just satisfied with the result) :

Coque C.jpg

And now, a simulation as a joke : it shows how replace an heavy wale by a... graceful flying fisch :

Coque D.jpg

Coque E.jpg

Coque F.jpg

It's possible to make such a presentation with turned beech handles from a kit furniture store...

Hello boys,

Here, a view of the hidden side of the planking, bilge side, which is quite
well adjusted (don’t ask me how I did it, I’m just satisfied with the result) :

View attachment 230817

And now, a simulation as a joke : it shows how replace an heavy wale by a... graceful flying fisch :

View attachment 230818

View attachment 230819

View attachment 230820

It's possible to make such a presentation with turned beech handles from a kit furniture store...
Can I just say, that scratch build is looking amazing so far! Can't wait for the final result!

Congratulations for reaching this first step of a closed hull.

when we look close, we can see the four small gaps in the first plank close to the keel caused by the metal recess you used in your "squarred ship-yard".
How you close these gaps? Or will you use the same locations for a stand?

Hi Uwe,

I think to a presentation stand with wooden turned columns, the model being removable :

1620819496162.png

For doing that, I shall use two "U" iron pieces introduced into the small gaps you've seen

Other presentation would be too "heavy", inelegant (it's my feeling about this question)

Best regards,

Christian

You are making very good progress - I am very happy, that you show us on regular basis your work.
So it like visiting regularly a good friend in his workshop :cool:

Back