French war-ship Saint-Philippe 1693 - scale 1/72 - from Lemineur monograph

I have now the new project of modelling a simplified version of the Saint-Philippe, a french at time of Louis XIVth, a three decked eighty guns war ship, but I have first to read all the documentation (weight = 4 kg... )

At scale 1/48, it's a 1.20 m length "baby"
and "only" 92 cm at reduced scale 1/72 :

image.png.a044cad205aa8c0105f31df2fcac6bd7.png

Welcome from my side of the great pond. I look forward to your build log. That looks to be a great model to build.

Jan

I am happy that you started already the building log - I will sit in the first row to see your preparation and execution of this project :cool:

I have now the new project of modelling a simplified version of the Saint-Philippe
Many thanks for starting a build log, I will be following your progress. Can you clarify what do you mean by saying modeling a simplified version?

Simplification : I am thinking to the possibility of constructing a closed hull model, without the details of the internal frame, to keep a reasonable construction time (I shall become 77 years old next april... :))

I also saw with the USS Confederacy, that most laborious details disapear when too numerous or hidden into the structure, often, only macro photography can visualise such thiny things
If I were young, as sixty years old, it could have been different.... Birthday-Cake

Regards,

Christian

Thank you for the explanation. So, you will be building bulkheads not frames. Yes, it should simplify the build. Good luck!

It's probable that I shall start this model at 1/72 scale (92 cm length of hull)

Could an administrator of this forum modify the title of my thread, as following line :

Saint Philippe 1693 by Lemineur (Ancre ed) 1/72

Thanks,

Christian
Your title has been adjusted.

It's probable that I shall start this model at 1/72 scale (92 cm length of hull)

Could an administrator of this forum modify the title of my thread, as following line :

Saint Philippe 1693 by Lemineur (Ancre ed) 1/72

Thanks,

Christian
Done

Do you have the monograph in scale 1:72 ? Or do you have to downscale everything

I tried to reduce the 1/48 : impossible to do, it's larger than my A4 standard scanner

I must buy separated plans at scale 1/72 (43 pages), I hav'nt found another valid solution :mad:
send Didier Berti some best Regards from Uwe from SOS via mail and ask him friendly, if you could get some discount, due to the fact, that you already ordered the original in 1:48.
Maybe ......

I tried to reduce the 1/48 : impossible to do, it's larger than my A4 standard scanner

I must buy separated plans at scale 1/72 (43 pages), I hav'nt found another valid solution :mad:
I would go to your local office copy shop, they can normally scan large size drawings and rescale.
I have done this with the drawings for my next build, these were 1:100 and blew them up to 1:36.

Back