Friech Boeir Yacht "SPERWER" by Kortes -1:30 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Last edited:
Hello Kortes,
I am so happy to see the construction of your tiller and the way you have made it is outstanding. If you remember, I told you that I was so inspired by your build that I looked for information and/or plans to one day build one. I did find plans and drawings for the Catharina and I did notice that the angle of the tiller may have to be changed a little bit so that it has room to clear the walls of the seating area. You are following the example of the first photo below in which the angle of the tiller is relatively straight. If you look at the second photo below of the Catharina, you will notice that the angle of the tiller is a little higher in order to clear the seating area walls. I hope that it is clear enough for you to see the difference.

Best regards and respect, Raymond

Attachments

• resolve (7).jpg
    resolve (7).jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 24
  • FSM01_1999-158_X.jpg
    FSM01_1999-158_X.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 20
Dear Raymond

I'm very glad that my work has inspired some of my honorable colleagues to turn their attention to Boeir.

Yes, you're right. The flexion of the helmstock is different on a case- by -case basis. On the "SPERWER" it is almost straight,

as shown on the draft, I was guided by, as well as the photos of the museum where it is kept. But on the other drafts it has different form

My best regards.
8440896.jpgDSC07103.JPGleeuw.jpg2874908099 (2).jpgDSC02596.JPGFoto Gerard ten Cate 1130432[460446] (1).JPGresolve (20).jpgwwwopac (20).jpg

Thank you, Aleksander! It is really hard to confirm whos idea of making nails this way it was. But if I remember, please correct me if I wrong, It was used a very, very long time by a super-talented great master shipbuilder Mikhail Bezverxniy well known as Doctor Mike
Dear Jim.
You are right, this technique was used by an outstanding maestro Michail Bezverhiy and others outstanding maestros, whose works were my inspiration when I started to learn.
My best regards.

Hello Kortes,
Many thanks for the clarification. I was only able to compare two drawings and never imagined that they were built/designed differently. When I do get a chance to build the Catharina, I will build her using the plank on frame method. I sincerely hope to see more progress on your build as a means of getting more inspiration form you. Many thanks in advance, Raymond.

Brother, phenomenal execution of the metal work. I hope to be able to incorporate all of the ideas that you have made so far on the Catharina. One question I do have for you, will you add the "Sperwer" to the rudder? I hope to see how you do that. Many respects to you Brother.

Raymond

Back