From Chester Virginia USA

Shipdad

One of several boards I visit. I am more of a "lurker" than a poster. I suffer from the inability to see a project through because it does not measure up to what I see on these sites. I am trying to cure myself. I will enjoy what you post and maybe soon add to the discussion.
Rich

JArthurD

One of several boards I visit. I am more of a "lurker" than a poster. I suffer from the inability to see a project through because it does not measure up to what I see on these sites. I am trying to cure myself. I will enjoy what you post and maybe soon add to the discussion.
Rich
I’ve only been a short time but I too am from Virginia (Manassas). You’ll love it! I’ve already learned some great tips, recommendations for books and marveled at the skills of other members. This is a great site!

D

Danno71

Rich,
Welcome!
Your comment: Remember, nothing has to measure up to anything even our outlandish expectations. You’ll have more fun and satisfaction and learn tips along the way. Look forward to posts from you when you catch the bug!
Dan

Jimsky

Staff member

We are happy you aboard SOS and sure, you will enjoy being here! You will find masters and novices across the globe speaking modeling here. Most important. we are willing to help... just ask. :)

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo Rich,
we are happy that you made the first step from the lurker to the active member posting here - Every kind of comment and participation in the communication here is most welcome...... :cool:

Terry Christian

I’ve only been a short time but I too am from Virginia (Manassas). You’ll love it! I’ve already learned some great tips, recommendations for books and marveled at the skills of other members. This is a great site!
I agree, I have only been here a few hours and the site and the ships are an inspiration to do better.

BigMike

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Welcome Rich, I was also a lurker on other forums but I have felt so comfortable on this site I started a few build logs. The encouragement and constructive criticism has help me to improve my skills. So jump in and enjoy the site.

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo Rich,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Sulaire

Aye, welcome. I build kits and they tend to look 'weathered' when finished, more by incompetence than design but still I'm always satisfied with the result. My formula is always happiness >accuracy!
oops I forgot to look at the 'date joined' and I don't know how to delete this post

Last edited:

Jim J

Welcome! Don't worry if your builds don't reach the level of perfection of some of the people here. Mine sure don't - as far as I'm concerned - but I sure have a lot of fun building. And it's quite relaxing. Just do it and enjoy the progress you make from beginner to what ever level you desire to reach. It's all good!