From Lincoln, California

I am 81 years young and retired since 1997. Spent a few years in my youth in the US Navy. Then 37 years in aircraft maintenance at United Airlines. I have Multiple Myeloma and am in my 9th year of chemo therapy weekly. I am about to start Model Shipways 1/96 scale USS Constitution. I have wanted to do this for years. I expect it to take many, many hours to complete, but I have nothing but time in my hands. Wish me luck

Welcome aboard SOS, Howard! We are glad you have joined us. Looking forward to your build log of the USS Constitution. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Very good, that you decided to start with your Conny - so if you need halp and assitance, please do not hesitate to ask - we are all here happy to help

Good decision. I personally think the Model Shipways 1/96 scale USS Constitution is the best kit of this ship. I hope that you start a build log as I will certainly follow it. My thoughts and prayers for you for your health problem, I am sure that is tough to deal with.

Thanks for all the great posts. I am still putting together the work area so may be a bit until I get started, but definitely will start a build log.

Thanks for all the great posts. I am still putting together the work area so may be a bit until I get started, but definitely will start a build log.
This sounds very good - I am looking forward to see your work in the log

I am 81 years young and retired since 1997. Spent a few years in my youth in the US Navy. Then 37 years in aircraft maintenance at United Airlines. I have Multiple Myeloma and am in my 9th year of chemo therapy weekly. I am about to start Model Shipways 1/96 scale USS Constitution. I have wanted to do this for years. I expect it to take many, many hours to complete, but I have nothing but time in my hands. Wish me luck
Hallo @Howard81
sorry for the delay, I had yesterday some technical problems
we wish belayed you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back