From Texas

Neil here. I am from Northern Texas. Semi-retired control panel designer. Love working on models of all kinds. Have a detached workshop that I build in. Currently building a Revell 1:96 scale USS Constitution.

Welcome to the forums.

Take time to look around and check out help and general topics areas.

Use search to see if anyone has built or done a build log on a ship your interested in.

Kurt from OK

Neil here. I am from Northern Texas. Semi-retired control panel designer. Love working on models of all kinds. Have a detached workshop that I build in. Currently building a Revell 1:96 scale USS Constitution.
Hallo Neil,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum -
You wrote: Love working on models of all kinds - maybe we are not the best modelers, but we are the most friendliest, so you found a forum of friends from all over the world joining the common hobby "working on models of all kinds!"
Welcome.
Mayb e you show us your work on your Constitution in a building log? You can easily start from the status in moment

Welcome to SOS, Neil..
Pull up a chair and sit a spell. Lots to do and see around here. Take a moment and start a build log. Show us what you are doing on the Connie. Pictures, man.!! We love pictures.!!

Neil,
Welcome. I’m also new and one of the new North Texas folks. I’m from Mckinney. I built the Constitution 25 years ago, then took a long break. I’m halfway thru a build of HMS victory now after re-starting my model making again in 2019.

seems like the DFW members should all get together. I recall 6-7 members chiming in recently from this area.

seems like the DFW members should all get together. I recall 6-7 members chiming in recently from this area.
I would be one of those 6-7 and I happen to be right down the street from you. I believe you said you were near the Custer\Virginia area? I live near the Hardin\Virginia intersection. Our area seems to be well represented here.

Back