Furniture

Hi, I´m building the HMS Surprise model of Artesania Latina in 1:48 scale, and I´m looking for furniture for the Captain's cabin. Does anyone know of a place where I might purchase it. It´s an XVIII century ship?

Hi, I´m building the HMS Surprise model of Artesania Latina in 1:48 scale, and I´m looking for furniture for the Captain's cabin. Does anyone know of a place where I might purchase it. It´s an XVIII century ship?
Hallo and a warm welcome here with the first post - just saw, that you are already a longer time member here in our forum.
Just searched a little bit in the web and I found the company "Melody Jane" producing furniture in scale 1:48 - It is Doll House stuff, but partly it could fit for your necessities
Would be nice, if you would show us your Surprise? How is your experience with this kit?
Some modelers are not very happy with this kit, maybe you can tell us about it ....

Hi Uwek, thanks for your advise. I already checked the store you mentioned and it seems it will work fine.
About the quality of Artesania Latina's HMS Surprise, as far as I'm right now, I can't say much because I'm just starting it. I'm working on the frames but as a matter of fact, I faced a big problem!! Let me make some history. Previously, I built Antesania Latina's Le Hussard which was given to me as a present log time ago, and I built it three years ago. I felt comfortable with the result since it was my first model of this kind, attached are some photos. The plans were very scarce and there were none instructions! When I compared the quantity and quality of the information contained in the Surprise kit vs the Le Hussard one, I was amazed so I started "by the book", step by step, according to the instructions book. Well, once I had placed and secured with glue all the frames and the winding frames on the vertical keel, I realized that frame # 5 was wrong made. It didn't go all the way down the recess on the vertical keel!!
From now on, I will be much careful on the process and not rely 100% on the instructions book. BTW, this is the second model I build of this kind.
Regards,LH1.jpgLH2.jpgLH3.jpgLH4.jpgLH5.jpgLH6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Uwek, thanks for your advise. I already checked the store you mentioned and it seems it will work fine.
About the quality of Artesania Latina's HMS Surprise, as far as I'm right now, I can't say much because I'm just starting it. I'm working on the frames but as a matter of fact, I faced a big problem!! Let me make some history. Previously, I built Antesania Latina's Le Hussard which was given to me as a present log time ago, and I built it three years ago. I felt comfortable with the result since it was my first model of this kind, attached are some photos. The plans were very scarce and there were none instructions! When I compared the quantity and quality of the information contained in the Surprise kit vs the Le Hussard one, I was amazed so I started "by the book", step by step, according to the instructions book. Well, once I had placed and secured with glue all the frames and the winding frames on the vertical keel, I realized that frame # 5 was wrong made. It didn't go all the way down the recess on the vertical keel!!
From now on, I will be much careful on the process and not rely 100% on the instructions book. BTW, this is the second model I build of this kind.
Regards,View attachment 156922View attachment 156923View attachment 156924View attachment 156925View attachment 156926View attachment 156927
you made a very good model out of this kit..... it would be very good to start a building log, so maybe we can help you if necessary and requested

Back