G’Day from Calgary, Canada

Hi. I am a displaced Aussie now living in sight of the Rockies in Calgary. Started off modelling years again and had a slight pause due to kids which resulted in my train room becoming a TV Room. It’s been mostly adding display pieces for years and the odd completed model.

Now I have a new place with more room and am doing 1:1 modelling on the house but hope to free up space in our basement for display and actually modelling. Just need to do some more insulation, vapour barrier and HVAC repairs first.

I just bought a nearly complete Corel HMS Unicorn in a glass case. I have just repaired the case and now am working on some repairs and adding in missing pieces and a flag at the stern plus a long boat which Corel skipped. So far I have no instructions so it’s internet research and a few guesses. The best aspect is the family love the model with its wood finish and accent painting.

I also have a Corel HMS Victory cross section bought partially built and a Heller HMS Victory also bought partially built. Of course there are other models in boxes like a 1/200 USS Missouri and USS Enterprise. After culling out large models from our small town home I am now able to actually display some of these beasts.

Looking forward to learning and finishing off these models.

Pat

Hallo Pat,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi. I am a displaced Aussie now living in sight of the Rockies in Calgary. Started off modelling years again and had a slight pause due to kids which resulted in my train room becoming a TV Room. It’s been mostly adding display pieces for years and the odd completed model.

Now I have a new place with more room and am doing 1:1 modelling on the house but hope to free up space in our basement for display and actually modelling. Just need to do some more insulation, vapour barrier and HVAC repairs first.

I just bought a nearly complete Corel HMS Unicorn in a glass case. I have just repaired the case and now am working on some repairs and adding in missing pieces and a flag at the stern plus a long boat which Corel skipped. So far I have no instructions so it’s internet research and a few guesses. The best aspect is the family love the model with its wood finish and accent painting.

I also have a Corel HMS Victory cross section bought partially built and a Heller HMS Victory also bought partially built. Of course there are other models in boxes like a 1/200 USS Missouri and USS Enterprise. After culling out large models from our small town home I am now able to actually display some of these beasts.

Pat
Hallo @Kprnew
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Pat
Hallo @Kprnew
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back