Galeon San Mateo. Kit Constructo.

This Portuguese galleon fought under the Spanish crown of Philip II. Among other battles he distinguished himself in the courageous action of the battle of the third islands in the Azores.
It is not known if this really was what this galleon looked like. I have been inspired by illustrations that can be seen on the internet.

DSC_0507.JPGDSC_0510.JPGDSC_0511.JPGDSC_0517.JPGDSC_0518.JPGDSC_0514.JPGDSC_0519.JPGDSC_0529.JPGDSC_0530.JPGDSC_0531.JPGDSC_0532.JPGDSC_0521.JPGDSC_0520.JPGDSC_0528.JPGDSC_0522.JPGDSC_0515.JPGDSC_0516.JPGDSC_0525.JPGDSC_0512.JPGDSC_0513.JPGDSC_0523.JPGDSC_0524.JPGDSC_0533.JPGDSC_0526.JPG

it was my second kit, finished in 2012. Doing so now would do different things. Among other things, tint the masts and yards darker, mark the deck plank more. In the kit the yards with harrows did not come, although in fact they cannot go, since in the larger masts the stays impede their travel. I don't know ... maybe it's an anomaly.

Cheers

Nice built, especially when it was your second model you finished
With learning and more experience some things we would do different later on - but this the typical learning curve during the modeling career
-> well built my friend!

¡ Felicidades ! Bastante bien logrado y con muchos detalles.

Congratulations ! Quite well done and with many details.

Last edited by a moderator:
¡ Felicidades ! Bastante bien logrado y con muchos detalles.

Congratulations ! Quite well done and with many details.
Thanks Montenegro.
I changed and modified so many things that it does not look like the kit. It happens to me with all kits. Will it be a disease?:)

Saludos y gracias de nuevo

it was my second kit, finished in 2012. Doing so now would do different things. Among other things, tint the masts and yards darker, mark the deck plank more. In the kit the yards with harrows did not come, although in fact they cannot go, since in the larger masts the stays impede their travel. I don't know ... maybe it's an anomaly.

Cheers
Hallo @Lorenzo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you actually working on a project?

Back