Gary, Rigging cords for Billings Cutty Sark

I have been given a part built Billings Cutty Sark to finish. The rigging cords are missing. Could some one tell me the Billings part numbers for the rigging cords please.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
when you have to buy missing ropes - it is better to buy aftermarket rope material like Brian mentioned
Much Much better quality for more or less the same costs

I have been given a part built Billings Cutty Sark to finish. The rigging cords are missing. Could some one tell me the Billings part numbers for the rigging cords please.

Welcome aboard mate. Don't bother with Billings rope.
You would be better served going with aftermarket ropes from ropes of scale on the vendors list of this forum.
Thanks for your help

Several of venders listed on home page sell outstanding ropes and rigging blocks, as most kit supplied block are crude and oversized.

Welcome aboard mate. Don't bother with Billings rope.
You would be better served going with aftermarket ropes from ropes of scale on the vendors list of this forum.
Thanks I will check that site. I have built 18 boats over the last 65 years. This is my first attempt at a 3 mast Sailing vessel. I have repaired and remade a few parts, all most ready to work on the masts.IMG_20230603_114142.jpgIMG_20230603_114010.jpg

a very good looking model - f.e. a very good coppering of the hull Thumbsup

a very good looking model - f.e. a very good coppering of the hull Thumbsup
There are many suppliers- Do not follow strictly the instruction book. I am living in Spain, and can get Riggen cords from here nearly from day to day. When building a Model try to use common sense, and forget old numbers. Anyway, there is a homepage from OLD Billing Boats builder -the old models. on the page tey swap part, sell parts and many more. I myself is from that time. I build the Cutty Sark together with Thermopile in the late 60 the beginning of 70.. the pic is from 1974

AA-1- norden y cutty sark - copia.jpg

Back