Gatling Gun - Metal Earth

While I wait for the package from Model Expo to arrive with the aircraft and engine models I've ordered, I decided to assemble the Gatling Gun model from Metal Earth. This sort of model construction is billed as 'no glue' as the various pieces are held together by tabs inserted into slots and then bent or twisted. This was accurate for about 95% of the model but I did need to resort to the use of epoxy on a couple of occasions when I broke metal pieces while bending them and needed some extra reinforcement. (Between thin metal and large fingers this occurred on several occasions including where the elevation & traversing assembly that holds the gun attaches to the carriage.) I also added some reinforcement to the inside of the barrel - 3 small pieces of 6mm dowel: one halfway down the barrel just in front of the magazine, one just inside the muzzle and one just inside the breach (this was to keep me from crushing the barrel after rolling it into shape).

All in all an interesting modeling technique that requires patience to get right. I have one more from this company that I'm hoping to keep on the shelf for later on.

DSCN8220.JPGDSCN8219.JPGDSCN8221.JPGDSCN8224.JPGDSCN8225.JPGDSCN8228.JPGDSCN8232.JPGDSCN8233.JPGDSCN8235.JPGDSCN8238.JPGDSCN8239.JPG

Interesting model ! Will you leave the brass in the original color, or will you blacken it?

Just remember a western film I watched some weeks ago

The Magnificent Seven

Later ones, typically in US caliber .45-70 but also in .30 Krag, had exposed barrels to aid cooling (and cut don on weight) and used a vertical feed magazine. Nations other than the US, notably the UK and Russia, used it in their own calibers.

Have to admit that I prefer the 1960 version of the Magnificent Seven - even though it doesn't feature a gatling gun.

Later ones, typically in US caliber .45-70 but also in .30 Krag, had exposed barrels to aid cooling (and cut don on weight) and used a vertical feed magazine. Nations other than the US, notably the UK and Russia, used it in their own calibers.

Have to admit that I prefer the 1960 version of the Magnificent Seven - even though it doesn't feature a gatling gun.
Yes - especially the musik is for me a classic western theme

remember th eyoung Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, Horst Buchholz, James Coburn
all big names in the film history

Back